Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clusterliver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2010, 10:21 AM
    How To Increase Temperature on Moen Shower Valve?
    I've read many posts on this common problem and haven't solved my problem. The cog gear under the handle is in the 12 o'clock position and allows me to turn the handle from 6:00 to 9:00 (r to l), the hottest setting. I changed the position of the cog gear many times and anything other than 12:00 limits the travel to positions where the water is even cooler. I can't get a setting closer to 7:00 which might increase the temperature. What am I doing wrong?

The temperature of the hot shower water is way too cool while the sink (5' away) will nearly burn me. All other hot outlets in the house are satisfactory.

Thanks in advance for advice.
    CHayn Posts: 177, Reputation: 10

Apr 16, 2010, 11:54 AM

Has this always been an issue or is it an increasing issue over time? Putting the cogs at 12 is the best you can do. If the problem is getting worse perhaps a new positemp cartridge is worth a try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen shower valve troubleshooting [ 7 Answers ]

I have two showers with the same trouble. After a few minutes the water gradually gets colder so you have to keep turning left to get hotter water. I changed both stems but still have the same trouble.

Moen Positemp shower valve [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Moen Positemp shower valve and cannot get hot water. I pulled the cartridge out and there did not seem to be any obstructions. Suggestions?

Moen shower mixing valve [ 1 Answers ]

Can I take apart and rebuild a moen shower mixing valve without replumbing

Moen shower valve [ 1 Answers ]

I have no hot water coming out of my shower valve but the sink next to it is red hot. Can you please help my wife is going to kill me She needs hot water Thanks armand

Soldering a Moen shower valve [ 4 Answers ]

I'm new to this forum and have a question concerning the best way to solder a Moen model 62320 shower valve. Do I need to remove the cartridge? I was afraid it would get too hot and melt the o-rings. How do you know how long to heat the joint before you apply solder. It seems some of my joints are...

View more questions Search