Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2010, 05:07 AM
    Weddings and funerals
    Hello:

I don't know. I think I'm weird. I've been around this earth a good long time, but I've only been to one wedding and one funeral.

You?

excon
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 16, 2010, 05:41 AM

I've been to more funerals then weddings. I don't know what that's saying; maybe don't want to find out.

Tick
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 21, 2010, 01:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I've been to more funerals then weddings.
    It's the opposite for me - perhaps that's because (a) both of my parents were only children, so I never attended funerals of aunts, uncles, cousins, great uncles, etc, and (b) one of my siblings is currently in his fifth marriage - I'm pretty sure I'll be attending only one funeral of his (if I make it that far)!
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2010, 08:49 AM

I wouldn't say weird ex. Unusual maybe.

I've been to many funerals, half a dozen or so weddings and christenings...

You haven't missed much ex, I seem to recall many arguments, which always seems to happen when whole families come together, especially when they've had a drink or two...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 13, 2010, 08:55 AM

Too many funerals, not enough weddings, that's my life.

Three of the funerals I've been to I had to plan, and I've only ever planned one wedding.

So far this year it's been turned around. One wedding, no funeral... yet. Crossing my fingers.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 19, 2010, 06:21 AM

I just had the sad duty to attend a funeral this past weekend, for a good friend who was killed by a crocodile while snorkeling in the ocean. Truly bizarre and tragic circumstance. But it got me to thinking about this again. It seems to me that most people will probably attend more funerals than weddings during their lives. Reason is that weddings cover two people at once - bride and groom - whereas funerals are for one person at a time. Sure, some people get married multiple times, but after the first time around there are typically fewer people in attendance at the wedding. And the number of people at the funerals I've attended have usually been many more than at the weddings I've attended - there were over 700 people in attendance at this funeral last weekend for example.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 19, 2010, 11:23 PM
    Hi, excon!

Well, I've been a church organist for over 38 years.

Care to venture a guess as to how many weddings and funerals I've attended?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reaction to funerals.normal or not? [ 8 Answers ]

My husband was killed in an auto accident Dec. 2004... four months later one of my friends passed away after a long battle against cancer... since that time, I have only been able to make myself go to one relative's visitation/funeral. I know I should go to those involving my close friends and...

Death and funerals. [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone have any advice on dealing with funerals? Yesterday I got 2 phone calls, the first was to tell me a friend (like a mother to me) passed away. Then an hour later got another call that informed me my dad passed away. My father was very abusive and I never liked him but, I can't stop...

Toddlers and Funerals [ 1 Answers ]

My brothers father in law passed away in a traffic accident last night. He and his wife have a 3 year old girl. My brother is torn between wanting to go along with his wife and mother in laws wishes about having his daughter present for ALL aspects of the preparations, visitations and the funeral,...

Protesting at Military Funerals? [ 15 Answers ]

What does everyone think about protesting at Military Funerals? I think it is wrong to do this, even though I am against the war. I do believe in freedom of speech, but I think morally people should leave these families to grieve the loss of their loved one. After all they died fighting for our...

Children and funerals [ 1 Answers ]

My husband's grandmother, with whom my childeren ages 13 and 8 were very close to just passed away after being ill for the past 3 months. My dilema is we were taking the children to the funeral but NOT the wake. Now, my husbands family is making us feel bad. They thought the children would be...

View more questions Search