Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Millydogz Posts: 54, Reputation: 5

Apr 16, 2010, 02:59 AM
    Wii remote not connecting with Wii
    None of my wii remotes are connecting with my wii. It still turns on and goes to the wii menu, but none of the controllers will connect. I have referred to the handbook, and it doesn't really help. Can anyone here help me? I think it stopped working when I was playing Super Smash Bros Brawl, and returned to the wii menu. I put the wii remote down while it was still returning to the menu, and my nephew picked it up and pressed 1 + 2 before it returned, and since then it hasn't been working properly. I think he unsynced it or something. So if someone can tell me how to get it back to normal, that would be great.
    monkeygurl199427 Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Apr 16, 2010, 07:16 AM

There is a red button on the wii it's under the door on the front. Press the red button and it will sync your wii remotes with your wii
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2010, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeygurl199427 View Post
    there is a red button on the wii it's under the door on the front. press the red button and it will sync your wii remotes with your wii
    Press the red sync button behind the door on the front of the Wii (as mentioned), and the red one on the controller which is located behind the battery cover. I do not remember if you have to hold the buttons down or not.

This process is just like syncing a wireless mouse and keyboard.
    monkeygurl199427 Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Apr 20, 2010, 07:37 AM
    Well then I suggest that you call nintendo.. :confused:
    CallofDutyQueen100 Posts: 80, Reputation: 4

Jul 8, 2010, 06:32 AM
    You have to go and resync them at the wii menu. And press 1 +2 again. I have the same prob except only 1 wiimote works and if I play mulitplayer I have to resync all of them. So try that
    drewsta85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2011, 07:51 PM
    I've got 3 wii remotes and a wii fit board and none of them will connect any more even when I try and resync them, it must be a fault with the console, ill ring up Nintendo and let you no how it goes on.
    natetenn512 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2011, 11:21 AM
    Battery dead unless its broke like my first Wii remote.
    MLM1314 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2012, 07:04 AM
    I have 4 wii reotes and none of them synced to the TV when I pressed the red button even when I pessed both of the red butons!! Ugg
    MLM1314 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2012, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeygurl199427 View Post
    There is a red button on the wii it's under the door on the front. Press the red button and it will sync your wii remotes with your wii
    I tried that it wasn't working

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to reboot my wii [ 1 Answers ]

How to reboot my wii after I updated it. It can't open the wii menu. I think the file corrupt

Wii 2 [ 5 Answers ]

What Will The Wii 2 Look Like? What Feature The Wii 2 Shall Have? Please Answer!

Connecting a wii to the internet [ 3 Answers ]

I have just tried to connect my daughters wii to the internet using a bt voyager 2500v wireless router. The wii recognises the router but when it tries to test the internet connection the test fails and it shows the following error message " could not automatically obtain IP address" I am now...

Connecting the DS through the Wii to the internet [ 2 Answers ]

I wanted to know if you buy the attachment that connects your Nintendo DS to your Nintendo Wii and if your Wii can connect to the internet, can you connect the DS to the internet?

Second shipment of Wii [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone if and when there will be another shipment of the Wii before christmas?

View more questions Search