Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiger117 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2010, 09:43 PM
    will my brown over red bleach out in the sun or go back to red?
    About a week ago I got my hair colored to cover my grays. The colorist tried to match the swatch as closely as possible to my natural color, which is a dark/dirty blonde. The color used was Matrix Socolor 509N. The outcome was a bright, dreadful red/orange. They tried to tell me how "beautiful" it was but I was so upset I just left the salon. A few days later I went back in and asked them to fix it, they put a medium brown on my hair (I don't know which number) and it turned a dark orange/red. Disgusted, I went to a different salon where the colorist applied double ash to my hair. The result of this application was a dark brunette/brown, pretty and much better than the red. I have never had hair this dark before and it is a major shock, even though I am pleased with it. I work in the sun a lot (we farm/ranch) so will the sun bleach my hair like it normally does or will it just take away the brown and leave me with that awful red color again? I am not at all high maintenance so this is killing me....I am desperate to return to my natural color!!
    tiger117 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2010, 09:50 PM
    Will the sun bleach out my brown hair and leave me with red
    About a week ago I got my hair colored to cover my grays. The colorist tried to match the swatch as closely as possible to my natural color, which is a dark/dirty blonde. The color used was Matrix Socolor 509N. The outcome was a bright, dreadful red/orange. They tried to tell me how "beautiful" it was but I was so upset I just left the salon. A few days later I went back in and asked them to fix it, they put a medium brown on my hair (I don't know which number) and it turned a dark orange/red. Disgusted, I went to a different salon where the colorist applied double ash to my hair. The result of this application was a dark brunette/brown, pretty and much better than the red. I have never had hair this dark before and it is a major shock, even though I am pleased with it. I work in the sun a lot (we farm/ranch) so will the sun bleach my hair like it normally does or will it just take away the brown and leave me with that awful red color again? I am not at all high maintenance so this is killing me... I am desperate to return to my natural color!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleach Blonde trying to go back to Red. [ 1 Answers ]

I really need some help here... I have naturally red hair coming in my roots (it grows out to a strawberry blonde) but have been bleaching my hair for years now. I want to go back to my natural color but don't want to have these roots with the growing out blonde. I read that dying bleached...

Dyeing me hair back to blonde,from brown with red in [ 1 Answers ]

Hi folks, Need some help here, I've always dyed me hair, but I'm getting older so me hair isn't as good as it used to be, my hair is brown with red in and my roots are grey, I feel it makes me look older so would like to go back to blonde,which I feel would be better for covering my...

I died my hair red and I want my natural brown color back [ 3 Answers ]

About 4 months ago, I died my hair red. I loved it, it looks beautiful with my skin tone, and it really brings out my green eyes. Since then I died it in that color 3 more times. But I'm a student, and so is my husband. I didn't really realize how expensive it can be to color your hair every month....

How to change red tint back to brown? [ 5 Answers ]

I had a natural hair color of light brown but I went through the stage of coloring. I've probabley died my hair more then 10 times.And I've been trying to get it back to a light brown but I don't know how to get rid of the red tint. What do you think I should put on it to work?:o help:)

View more questions Search