Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angeleyes1182 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2010, 08:40 PM
    Helping a friend in need
    I have a friend who has recently found out she has cancer. She has been getting treatment but it is very expensive and she has no insurance, she has owned her own business for most of her life and the state will not help her out. I want to help her out but I have no idea how to start a fundraiser for her. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm also in Texas and have been told they have laws about fundraising.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2010, 07:58 PM

That's very kind of you. I don't know anything about fundraising, hopefully one of our other members will. But have you looked into already existing organizations yet?
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Apr 17, 2010, 05:17 PM

What was the reason the state and I am assuming you mean {social services} will not help her?
    Try asking the cancer society they may have some ideas to help her.
    All states have laws concerning fundraisers.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2010, 05:25 PM

Social services will help once he has used up her own personal resourses.

You would talk to her first, and see about setting up a trust for medical bills at a local bank

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Helping a friend get over him. [ 4 Answers ]

My friend has been chasing after this guy for about a year, they're always on and off but never actually gone out.. hell meet her and sleep with her and tell her he likes her etc. but only when he's really drunk... Its so abvious to everyone around my friend that she should really try and get...

How should I go about helping a friend. [ 5 Answers ]

OK, so I have this friend. She's my best friend, we're both 21 now and we've been friends since early grade school. There is a situation going on now and as ridiculous as it kind of sounds, I'd appreciate some serious feedback. There was this guy she had a small crush on. She met him through one...

Helping a friend [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so me and my friends all drink and smoke cigs and weed. Its college and it was all good. One friend of mine quit smoking weed first about a year ago and I thought that was admirable. The past few months I had been going through a hard time so I quit smoking weed and cigs and cut down...

Helping a friend [ 1 Answers ]

What would you do if a friend of yours got dumped and refuses to move on nearly a quarter of a year after it happened. You joke about it with him as with laughter he should be able to overcome it more quick, but he refuses to, living in hope that she will take him back when she has changed her...

Helping an abused friend? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay I have this friend and she is a teenager. She is on like her 12th foster parents and her uncle has been beating her for like six or seven years and so she cuts and hurts herself. I want to help her but she always says she will be fine and then starts not talking about it so how can I help her...

View more questions Search