Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fallen2grace Posts: 199, Reputation: 4

Apr 15, 2010, 07:15 PM
    Adobe Flash Player
    Not sure if this goes here but,

Youtube would not let me view videos. It kept saying "go upgrade!" and when I clicked the link it didn't go anywhere. I decided that it was my flashplayer so I went to the adobe site to get the newest version. (10)

I downloaded it and a manager window came up saying it was finished. I closed the window and read the rest of the instructions on the webpage. It said it would take me to a confirmation page when it was done, but it never did. And I can't find the program on my computer. But when I go to the add/remove programs list in the control panel, it's there.

And YouTube still won't let me watch videos.

Does anyone know what could have happened?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2010, 07:10 PM

I hope you rebooted after the install, that sometimes fixes the problem. Also, try uninstalling it from "Add/Remove Programs" and then reinstalling.

Install here.

Uncheck the McAfee scan, and click agree and install now.

What ever it asks you to do, agree, okay, whatever it wants, download, addons, any of it, do it except the McAfee scan (Unless you really want to). But I don't recommend it.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2010, 07:11 PM

Go here to see if your flash installation is working. If you see the animation, it means you have installed it correctly, if not then you can try again.
    fallen2grace Posts: 199, Reputation: 4

Apr 18, 2010, 09:00 PM

It started working after I shut down the computer.
    Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adobe Flash Player Problems [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have a new Toshiba laptop with windows vista on it. I have NEVER been able to view flash movies on YouTube or any other site. When I go to download adobe flash player 9 from the website, it doesn't do anything. I then download it manually and it says it did installed, but when I go see if...

Adobe Flash player [ 13 Answers ]

All right, here it goes; for some reason adobe flash player isn't working anymore on my computer. We had it before, it worked fine. But when I was gone for only two days, flash player was gone, like it won't work anymore... I have tried re-installing it, it keeps saying "installation completed...

Adobe Flash Player Headache [ 4 Answers ]

I have spent months trying to fix a problem whereby Flash Player will not install. When downloaded it says installation was successful but I still can't view any sites requiring Flash. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adobe Flash Player [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: All of a sudden, I don't have Flash Player... I don't know where it went, but that's OK. I wouldn't need to know where it went if I could download another one. I can't. I don't know why. I went to the support website and downloaded a tool they said would help control some of my...

View more questions Search