Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joeedm1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2010, 01:35 PM
    When putting up a ceiling fan does the green wire go with the green?
    I am trying to hook up a ceiling fan and I have four wires, there is a green, blue, white and black. I know that the white goes with the white, the green with the green and I know the black goes with the black, where does the blue go?
    joeedm1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2010, 01:36 PM

I have four wires on the ceiling fan, I know that the green goes with the green, white goes with the white black goes with the black but where does the blue go?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 15, 2010, 01:38 PM

The blue feeds your light fixture while the black feeds the fan motor. Both go to the black from the ceiling. Does this fan have pull chains or a remote?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2010, 01:50 PM

What wires do you have from your ceiling?

Ceiling Fan Wiring, Ceiling Fan Wiring Technical Help, Do it Yourself (DIY) - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green wire in thermostat [ 0 Answers ]

I am replacing an old 3-wire thermostat with a Honeywell programmable thermostat. It will be connected to an old oil-fired burner (no AC). The red and white wires are easy to figure out, but there is a green wire that had become disconnected, so I don't know where it was connected originally. ...

How to install a ceiling fan with only a black, blue and white wire no green [ 2 Answers ]

How to install a ceiling fan with only a blue, blac, and white wire with no green, the ceiling has a bare or copper wire, a red, white, and black wire

Can my green permanent green card be revoke [ 1 Answers ]

I am married to my wife for five years. After three years of marriage file for my green cad . I got my premanant green card in march of 2009. I have a child outside of marriage and my wife found out. She put me out the house and said she is going to revoke .

What do you do with Green and Yellow striped wire [ 1 Answers ]

I have the Hampton Bay wall mount light with sensor detector. It has a green and yellow striped wire. What is this for?

Yikes! A/C comes on; No heat (no green wire either) [ 3 Answers ]

I'm replacing an older Honeywell thermostat with a new programmable Noma/UPM model THM501. There are 4 wires - red, yellow, white and blue. On the Honeywell the blue wire was on the "G" terminal - all worked well. I wired up the new one the same way. However, although the new thermostat shows the...

View more questions Search