Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janloomer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2010, 01:22 PM
    Why am I having a problem baking in Texas?
    I have baked for years, since moving to Texas some of my favorite recipes baking results are awful. The cookies fall flat, bread doesn't rise like it should, my baked deserts i.e. golden bars, came out crusty on top and hollow in the middle
    janloomer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2010, 01:25 PM
    Why are my baked deserts failing in humidity
    Since moving to Texas my baked goods do not have good results... what am I doing wrong??
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2010, 04:30 PM

Where did you move from?
    twinkie15 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Apr 15, 2010, 04:35 PM

Maybe because your not used to Texas and there's a lot more ingrediants than your used to so I say try to see other ingrediants to become familiar with them.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2010, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkie15 View Post
    maybe because your not used to texas and theres alot more ingrediants than your used to so i say try to see other ingrediants to become familiar with them.
    I think she is using the same recipes and they are not working the way they used to.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2010, 05:06 PM

If you came from a higher altitude and moved to Texas you are used to the longer baking times needed. You need to also remember using a gas oven is different from an electric oven.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ratio of baking soda/baking powder to plainf flour [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Australian cookie recipe that calls for self raising flour and I do not have any.. what ratio of baking powder should I add to the regular flour to make it "self raising' Many thanks

Baking powder and baking soda [ 2 Answers ]

In baking what are the differences between baking powder and baking soda? The reason is that one time I used the wrong one in a cake recipe and it did not come out right.

Baking Cookies [ 50 Answers ]

What are other materials that you might use, other than an aluminum cookie sheet, to bake cookies? I am a cooking and baking novice mainly. But, when I do it, I really get into it and love it! :)

What can I use 4 Baking Weights? [ 6 Answers ]

See Recipe below.. Hi There :) Can some kind person pass on an idea for what I can use to weigh down pastry when baking a pie shell? The recipe says to use cooking beans but I don't have any.. Could I possibly use rice or something? Many thanks, Ames..

F1 in Oklahoma-OPT in Texas-H1B in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all!!!:) First at all, this is a great forum! I've been reading a lot of posts, and they are very very useful. Now I got a question for the tax experts and non-experts too:p!! This is my case: I was studying and working as a Teacher Assistant in Oklahoma from 08.26.02 to 03.06.05....

View more questions Search