Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paleoman Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2010, 12:55 PM
    My Kenmore front load washer model#41743042200 won't spin cycle and agitates slowly
    I replaced the back outer tub and the inner drum(spider arm shattered) on my Kenmore front load washer. It still doesn't drain though the pump is working because the spin cycle doesn't work and it will only agitate extremely slow. Is it the motor control or the knob or maybe something else?
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 15, 2010, 05:34 PM
    The washer was made by Frigidaire. Since replacing the rear tub components requires considerable disassembly, I would start by simply going back over everything looking for wiring connectors not fully engaged, wires broken, etc. You may have already done it, but it needs to be said. I'm a little fuzzy on whether you're having one problem or two. Are you saying that the machine won't drain therefore causing it to not spin, or are you saying that it won't drain AND it won't spin even when its empty?

Apr 15, 2010, 07:32 PM

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.
    I've already replaced the broken rear hub and the metal inner tub. It doesn't go through the spin cycle but simply continues to agitate extremely slowly so the water doesn't drain either. The water pump works though. Yes, I'll go over again and look for any wires I might have smashed or damaged.
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 15, 2010, 07:40 PM
    I'm a little confused... did you replace the inner basket, rear half of the outer tub and the pulley, or just the inner basket and the pulley? Just to make sure you know, the rotation of the basket has nothing at all to do with the washers ability to drain. I assume you are trying to tell me that the drain pump will drain if it is turned on? This could be a real weird one... it could be related to how you reassembled the tubs, basket shaft seal pressure, door lock mechanism, timer; heck, almost anything... may take someone familiar enough with the machine to notice the problem to be there with it. Good luck; let me know what you find.

Apr 15, 2010, 08:41 PM

I replaced the outer rear tub because it broke from a piece of the aluminum spider arm breaking off. So, I replaced the inner metal basket also. The machine stopped draining before I replaced the rear tub. A piece of plastic from the rear tub was getting sucked into the pump but I removed it and the water pump functions fine. If the machine goes through a wash cycle it only agitates slowly regardless of the settings and the clothes come out soaking wet partly because the machine doesn't spin in the spin cycle but only agitates very slowly. I'm sure the basket seal pressure's good.
    I was thinking that yes it could be just about anything. I was also thinking about scrapping the whole thing and buying a new set anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer Clunking Noise in Spin Cycle [ 5 Answers ]

We have had a Kenmore Elite front load washer for a number of years (Model 970-38712-00). Today it started making a clunking noise when it started the high speed spin cycle (similar to putting a pair of runners in the dryer). I took off the back and spun the pulley by hand and heard a clunk...

Kenmore elite front load washer spin cycle not working [ 0 Answers ]

When my Kenmore elite washer was working today,things were fine until the very last spin cycle.Heard it working and then a thud, now no spin cycle works

Spin cycle on front load washer [ 0 Answers ]

I have a frigidaire affinity front load washer. The clothes were staying wet after washing. I cleaned the pump out which was clogged up but the washer doesn't seem to be spinning fast enough to get all of the water out of the clothes but it is spinning. Could this be the door locking...

Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer Spin Cycle not drying [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer. Even when I select drain/spin and extended spin, the clothes still come out very damp. It's not making a lot of noise and doesn't seem to be out of balance, but the drum isn't spinning very fast. Any ideas?

View more questions Search