Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaand883 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2010, 08:03 AM
    Can one person on the house deed kick the other person out that is also on the deed?
    If a married couple are both on the deed to their home and both are living in the home, can one kick the other out of the home?
    jaand883 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2010, 08:05 AM

Can a spouse kick their spous out of their home in which they are both on the deed?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2010, 08:06 AM

In one word, no.

One of the parties CAN start a Court action (divorce/separation) and ask that the other party be removed.

In NY if violence is involved - and probably in other States, too - one party can get a restraining order keeping the second party out of the marital home but that is not an eviction or permanent order and the restraining order has to be followed by a Court action to remove the person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a person to my deed [ 2 Answers ]

I have a second home that my son is living in if I add him to my deed when it comes time for him to purchase a new home will he be able to get the first home owner benefits? And how does adding a person to the deed work?

Add a person to my deed [ 9 Answers ]

My husband is on my loan, how to add him back to my deed, as we separated and he signed quit claim deed

Adding a person to a Deed [ 1 Answers ]

If there are several people on a real estate deed and 3 of them are deceased, is it still possible to add someone else to the deed?

View more questions Search