Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dorbell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 11:48 PM
    1985 Toyota Tercel Engine surges
    My 1985 Toyota Tercel, 1.5 liter 4 cyl, carburetor, surges when the throttle is held steady at about 1200 rpm. It starts well and runs well at other speeds. No smoke or backfire. New plugs and cap, clean egr valve.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2006, 07:44 AM
    Check/replace the Ignition Control Module (igniter). Autozone and O'Reilly Auto Parts will test for free. I'd have them check the coil, while you are at it, but I suspect the problem is with the igniter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

'93 Civic idle surges temporarily [ 5 Answers ]

When I start my car cold, I don't take off until the idle goes well below 1500rpm. It runs quite well. When I start my car warm, the idle is below 500rpm and it runs quite well. However, when I start my car after it has been sitting for about an hour, the idle starts at 2000rpm and goes to...

92 Honda Civic Overheats and Engine Surges [ 5 Answers ]

The engine surges in a consistent pattern. Then, after a few minutes of driving it overheats. These symptoms appeared at the same time. At the time it overheats, I noticed that the hose from the radiator to the engine is cool with no pressure while the hose from the engine to the radiator is hot...

Surges and sags [ 11 Answers ]

Have leased a cabin. Don't know what the service amps are but I know there are 2 15 amp br and 1 30 amp which might have gone to an electric stove. Loks like other br have been removed, poss to the baseboard heating. 11 outlets, 3 overhead lights, fridge. When I plugged in a 1500 watt space...

Toilet running and water surges [ 1 Answers ]

I know absolutely nothing about plumbing, but I am trying to figure out why my toilet keeps having water surges about every 30 seconds. It makes a surging noise like water is coming in, and when I check it, the water is rippling. Before this the water constantly ran in the tank, and I adjusted...

Power Surges [ 1 Answers ]

I have a home that was built in 1957. We turned the central air on recently and now when anything else is running, such as the dryer or the washing machine, the lights dim and flicker and the backup power supply keeps resetting. I do know that the wiring is only 2 wire with no grounding. What is...

View more questions Search