Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zylstra Posts: 83, Reputation: 11

Apr 14, 2010, 10:35 PM
    What settings should I use to convert .rm files to .mp3?
    I'm using FormatFactory to convert .rm Real Media audio files to .mp3. When I use the absolute lowest quality settings (sample rate 11 kHz, bit rate 32 KB/s, and 1 channel) I still get an mp3 file that is 50% larger, and of course the sound quality is crap. Should I use another converter, or is the size discrepancy inherent in the file format?
    William1472 Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

Apr 14, 2010, 11:17 PM

There are many free audio file conversion software out there, many are free. If your quality is set low to begin with, and you set the lowest quality upon conversion, this can possibly cause your problem. I always use the best quality settings I can, but storage space isn't an issue. Experiment with the different settings in your current conversion program and see what sounds and works the best. If all else fails, try another program.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I convert mp3 files so they play on cd player [ 3 Answers ]

I have downloaded audio mp3 files on to a cd-rw but this doesn't work. How do I convert mp3 files so they will play on a cd player and what kind of cd media do I put them on?

Convert RAR.files to mp3 [ 4 Answers ]

How do i convert rar files to mp3.

How Do I Convert .m4a files to .mp3 files? [ 2 Answers ]

I have my whole music library on iTunes version 7, which creates the songs into m4a files. How can I convert those files without buying software to mp3s to play on other devices? Thanks!

How do you convert rar to mp3? [ 1 Answers ]

Do you know how to convert files sent to me in .rar format to mp3?

Does anyone know how to convert GTA radio files into mp3 or any popular format? [ 2 Answers ]

I love to listen to the radio stations in gta because the deejays there are funny and amusing and would love to listen to it in the car or in my mp3 player but the thing is you can only listen to it when you are playing the game, tried searching the net but still no luck, so maybe someone out there...

View more questions Search