Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adoptionasker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2010, 04:30 PM
    Fingerprints adoption
    I'm in the process of adopting with an agency in Massachusetts.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble getting legible fingerprints for my FBI clearance--my prints have already been rejected 3 times and three different police officers and a private technician have all attested to the fact that it's the quality of my fingers. The FBI says that they can't give me clearance without a good set of prints, but it seems like I won't be able to get them.

Have you heard of anybody who has had this problem and found a solution? (I've already tried an "inkless" system.) There is no way to get electronic prints in Massachusetts unless you're arrested. I've now heard of a few women with the problem, but no one seems to have a solution.

Thanks for any ideas, info, advice you might have!!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 14, 2010, 04:45 PM

Have you tried making sure your fingers were soaked in water before they tried to take them so the ridges swell up ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2010, 05:38 PM

First someone is not telling you the truth, the places that do the computer prints, that is what they do, they would not do the ink ones, ( they will do criminal or non criminal) ** they use a different color card. So if you are not having luck, talk to the police chief or the sheriff office, not the low level person at the print station.

Next sorry, a good fingerprint clerk will know if the prints are good when they do them, So if you are not relaxed allowing them to roll the finger. Also it depends on how many points ( the lines and grooves) they are requiring for what they consider a good print.

Sorry but something is sounding fishy if several departments all have turned in "bad" prints

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obtain Fingerprints [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if it is possible to obtain fingerprints of an envelope that is fairly old and weathered, and if th accused is not the last person to handle the envelope??

F.b.I. Fingerprints [ 1 Answers ]

Since I have a disability I would like to get fingerprinter by the F.B.I. but I was wondering if they do it for free since I disabled sincerely claire

10 questions about fingerprints [ 9 Answers ]

1.What is a fingerprint? 2. How do you fingerprint someone? 3. What are the different types of prints? 4. How do you classify a fingerprint? 5. If you don't want your finger prints on something what do you wear to cover them up? 6. How accurate are fingerprint test? 7. Have you ever made a...

Re taking of fingerprints for adoption in Guangzhou China [ 2 Answers ]

I had to retake my fingerprints due to the electronic ones being rejected. Who:confused: at the FBI in Washington DC is the person that reviews the prints. We are currently stuck in Guangzhou China and can not obtain our child's visa without the approval of the fingerprints. They were taken on...

Fingerprints [ 3 Answers ]

I work part time for a food service and from washing dishes to accidental burns, it's not too good for my hands. Out of my ten fingers I only have two fingerprints left. The rest are completely smooth but wrinkly. :-/ My question is, will they come back? I miss being able to effectively turn a...

View more questions Search