Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jolena16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2010, 11:38 PM
    Why is my boyfriend not as into me anymore since I gained weight?
    So me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 years.I weighed 125 when we got together and I was fit, but then after I was able to be myself around him I gained weight up to 165.I recently lost weight and now weigh 150, but there is still none of that affection that there was when I weighed 125.I know that people say when someone loves you they should love you for you.I'm still in the process of losing weight, but I feel that is I don't loose enough weight fast enough I will loose him.What do I do?
    EXTREEK Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2010, 02:58 AM

Well I have to admit that if the guy doesn't like you for you then that a clue that he's dating you for the wrong reasons. Looks play a part but if he's the right one for you then it should not effect your relationship
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2010, 01:24 AM

Never lose (or gain) weight for another person. It has to be for you. And if your boyfriend is that shallow, you are better off without him. Can you imagine how he would react if you were pregnant?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2010, 01:34 AM

His loss of interest may have nothing to do with any weight issues.

Try talking to him about your feeling,ask him does he still find you attractive,maybe plan an evening together.

Get fit together,go swimming or for a walk.
    azaidan1 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 03:29 PM

Girl, dump him!
    Men are not interested in love but more like interested in what women have to offer, if you catch my drift. Don't ever let a man define who you are. Be who you want to be and not what your boyfriend wants to see! If he can't appreciate you for you then that's his loss.

However, if you're really looking to shed a few extra pounds, I would recommend running everyday for about 30-40 min. Also eat nothing more then 1200-1500 calories a day.
    EXTREEK Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by azaidan1 View Post
    Girl, dump him!
    Men are not interested in love but
    Men arnt interested in love?
    azaidan1 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 06:18 PM

Sorry I meant to say *most men*

Don't get to carried away here, it was a typo -.-
    jcptoots Posts: 13, Reputation: 5

Apr 19, 2010, 06:47 PM

If you are very young, say recently out of your teens, than your body might just be developing out of that teenage skinny phase. In other words, you could easily be just as healthy or healthier at 150 than 125. Not everyone can stay tiny forever especially if it isn't they way your body is built.
    The bo should be more interested in your health than what he thinks you should look like anyway.
    It may have nothing to do with your weight and you might just be in a little relationship slump. Good luck!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2010, 07:24 PM

Dump the boyfriend and lose weight ( if you need to for height and body size) for yourself.

If you have to change for him to love you, he does not really love you anyway, Often over the years, we lose communication and that, not the weight is the real issues

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gained some weight [ 3 Answers ]

is it unusual to gain 5 pounds in a year? ( I'm 15 if that makes a difference )

I have not gained weight but have gained fat in my arms... What should I do [ 6 Answers ]

I am 35years old... I do yoga 3 times a week but do not practice when I have my periods. I am 5'2'' and weigh about 64kg's. I was told by the doctor at one of the slimming centers that my bones weigh about 49kgs and 59kgs was just the right weight for me. I was 58kgs and gained about 20kgs during...

Gained weight when I got married. What to do? [ 12 Answers ]

Since I've gotten married I've gained about 20 pounds? Anyone know why that is? After the first 5 or 10 pounds, I thought it was just my hormones going crazy (I was a virgin before marriage), but I keep gaining weight! Also, most of it is concentrated in the stomach area, but not in the way it...

Has anyone gained weight on Celexa? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been on Celexa for 2 years and have gained 40 lbs. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, what are the withdrawal syptoms of Celexa?

Weight gained from steroids [ 5 Answers ]

I've been given about 5 rounds of steroid pills and shots. Also, Prednisone. I've gained 30 pounds and now have to find a way to lose it. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search