Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazeeash03 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2010, 03:51 PM
    Credit Card Judgment
    I received a court order today stating that I have a judgment against me from a credit card. It has been ordered that I am to pay the debt, along with atty fees, and accrued interest. Is there any way I can stop this before they garnish my wages?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 13, 2010, 05:03 PM

Did you miss an earluier court date?
    crazeeash03 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2010, 05:06 PM

No I didn't miss an earlier date. I just received this one today.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 13, 2010, 06:27 PM

Something is out of whack. There can't be a judgement againist you without a court date which you should have received notification prior to the date.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card judgment against me [ 1 Answers ]

Hello , I have a judgment against me for $7000 , for credit card debt , collection agency that sued was Hudson and Keys . I was wondering what happens now , what can they take away from me , can they freeze my joint bank account , or make me sell personal items. I'm in Texas , what are the laws for...

Credit card judgment [ 1 Answers ]

On my judgement is list my maiden name.. I have since been married and am currently using my married name.. My question is... Does the last names have to match in order for them to seize my bank account?

Credit card judgment [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know what is the next step in filling a credit card appeal . I was tricked into a setallment of $250.00 in three payments and the last payment I sent they clame was late.the judge gave them the judgement,so I appeald to a higher court.I have sent in my briff and now I have the...

Credit card Judgment [ 3 Answers ]

Back in 1987 I didn't pay one of my credit card and so it stayed in my credit for 7 years. I just received a judgment on my credit for the same credit card. Is this possible? This has already ruined my credit 20 years ago. What should I do?

Credit Card Judgment [ 3 Answers ]

I have researched the info I can find on here before posting this. I can't find what I need to know. Here is my situation. I was served a summons to appear in court for $6400 credit card debt. I called the attorney that is representing the bank that is sueing me for judgment. I asked for the...

View more questions Search