Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buffaloriver45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 07:26 PM
    Concerned with DWI!
    I have a DWI on my record and I want to know if on an application when it ask if I have ever been convicted of a crime should I check yes and explain or is it considered a traffic violation. It was a mistake that I used very poor judgement and have no other record of being arrest or traffic tickets. Can this one stupid decision prevent me from being able to be hired for a non-driving position?

Thank you,

Jason
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 3, 2006, 07:41 PM
    It shows up under driving or traffic offenses.

Even speeding is a crime, but it falls under the traffic codes ( at least in the states where I was a police officer)

So at least in my opinion, if they ask about traffic offense, list it, if they ask about criminal convictions, you don't

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I be concerned? [ 5 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend was diagnosed with 'Genital Warts' recently and as a precaution I went to the Doctors (cause you just never know) - she referred me to a clinic to have tests done for STD's. I was screened for everything and they all came back negative which was a huge relief. I had had some...

Concerned about my dog [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have been highly concerned about my (what we believe is a Chow/Doberman/Shepard) mix. She is 10, going on 11 years old. She is overweight, and has been for awhile. Recently, she has been scratching excessively (what we believe is triggered due to allergies, she does it every year...

Is this normal or should I be concerned? [ 2 Answers ]

I watch this 5 year old boy in the mornings before school. A few months back he told my 3 year old girl to take off her pants and they were going to play doctor. She came in a told me that he had touched her down there. I was very concerned and informed his father and since then he had been talked...

Concerned... [ 1 Answers ]

I recently swtiched from Yasmin birth control to Orthotrycycline. I've been taking them as directed by my dr. I just got switched to a new insurance company and had just now gotton the ability to get the prescriptions filled. So I have not had a pill since Sept. 8th (Weds.) My dr. told me to...

View more questions Search