Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielbrady Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2010, 02:31 PM
    adam schaaf upright piano 1901
    Hello,
    I have an Adam Schaff upright piano ,made in Chicago in 1901. The piano is in working order ,and all the pedals work. It does need a tuning.The piano has original finish,and a mirrored top. Does a piano of this type have any value?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2010, 03:26 PM
    Hi, danielbrady!

Just a few, initial questions from me...

If it has a mirrored top, that means that it's been customized by a piano tuner/technician or furniture refinisher, somewhere along the life of it. Doing that was a common practice in the middle of the 20th century. A lot of times, customizing them was to make the piano more attractive in some type of business establishment, like a bar or restaurant.

A lot of player pianos were customized like that.

You write that it needs a tuning.

Do you know when the last time that it was tuned?

If it can be tuned, do you know if it can be tuned to the American Standard Pitch of A=440?

Is it a player piano?

I've been a piano tuner/technician since 1974. I've also been a furniture refinisher since about 1978.

Thanks!
    danielbrady Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2010, 06:28 AM

Hello Clough,
    The piano is not a player piano, and can be tuned to A=440 standard. The mirrored top is 7 inches high and runs the entire width of the piano. Thanks.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2010, 12:56 PM
    I can help you with this, danielbrady!

But, it would help to be able to coordinate times so that we're on here at the same time.

I'm in the Central Time Zone of the U.S.

What time zone are you in, please?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adam schaaf upright piano serial # 7727 what could it be worth? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Adam Schaaf Patent CHICAGO upright paino serial number is 7727. It's in good condition. The first year it was tuned was 1912. I would like to know what year it was made, and what would the value range be for this paino. It also has the original bench seat that opens and has storage...

I have an "Adam Schaaf piano" year 1888? What is it's value? [ 2 Answers ]

yes I have A "adam Schaaf Piano" I believe it is a 1888 year? I'd like to know it's Value?

Schaaf bros piano [ 2 Answers ]

I found a piano in very poor condition is it worth anything ? Maybe for parts ? It was in an old brewery from the 1800's

View more questions Search