Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MyLizzle Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 13, 2010, 02:08 PM
    A Best Friend.
    I have another concern. My male bestfriend is just one year older than myself. We've known eachother for a long time, and although he's moved a couple states away, we talk almost everyday like we used to. At one point, after just two months after his big move, we didn't talk 'til Christmas Day. He had felt so rotten for not finding a way to contact me, but I did forgive him because he had no way of reaching me. Our conversations have been keeping up to date, and we are back to the way we used to be. Except for the fact that he's not in the same town haha. But this summer he's coming to visit, and when he turns eighteen he promised me he would come back.

But, not back to when he was here. I really miss the way he would text me in the morning, just to say good morning, and that we should hang out to make the day fantastic. And at night, even calling me as I fell asleep to wish me a good night. Although he never really touched me, and we hugged rarely, I would find him staring at me. Not in an evil, or strange way, but in a curious, and kind way. Always finding an excuse to be with me. Coming over when I was having problems with my own mother who is an evil bi-polar . And through everything he did, I thought it was kinda cute how he was always mad at any of the guys I had begun to date.

On several occasions I had the opportunity to ask him if he cared for me, more than just the common friend. I could never just find the courage because the thought of ruining our friendship. And he told his own bestfriend exactly what I was telling mine. After he moved, his best friend confronted me, and told me that he had liked me. But the best friend never told me if he still does. Everyday it eats away at my brain. I want to ask him soon, if not this summer. But I don't know how.

Whoever might have had read this, thankyou, i'm sorry it was long. I tried to summerize it. But if anyone has advice, please say it. :)
    [/U][/U]

Apr 13, 2010, 02:09 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean to underline the rest... XP
    taaam Posts: 27, Reputation: 9

Apr 14, 2010, 07:01 AM

A good way to confront him with your feelings is to write down what you feel, because you will probably choke when you're face to face. Write down what you feel on a letter or e-mail and deliver it to him.

It seems though that you like him as well, the way your described how you miss him. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    AmericanGirl01 Posts: 145, Reputation: 83

Apr 14, 2010, 07:19 AM

It really sounds like you care for him more than just a friend. It's normal to be worried that if you open up and he doesn't feel the same way that it could possibly ruin your friendship, but are you willing to sit there and not say anything and wonder what if?

What if you do open up and it ends up being really great? You're young, and life is too short. If you have feelings for this guy, I think you should tell him. I'm not a big fan of living with the 'what ifs'

If things don't work out, at least you know for sure that you tried.

Apr 14, 2010, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by taaam View Post
    A good way to confront him with your feelings is to write down what you feel, because you will probably choke when you're face to face. Write down what you feel on a letter or e-mail and deliver it to him.

It seems though that you like him as well, the way your described how you miss him. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I do like him, very much.

Apr 14, 2010, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanGirl01 View Post
    It really sounds like you care for him more than just a friend. It's normal to be worried that if you open up and he doesn't feel the same way that it could possibly ruin your friendship, but are you willing to sit there and not say anything and wonder what if?

What if you do open up and it ends up being really great? You're young, and life is too short. If you have feelings for this guy, I think you should tell him. I'm not a big fan of living with the 'what ifs'

If things don't work out, at least you know for sure that you tried.
    I do care for him, very much. And thank you :)
    'what ifs' are never fun..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to have sex with a female friend of mine who is also friend to my wife [ 14 Answers ]

I am in love with a female friend of mine who is also my wife's friend.I want to have sex with my friend.She also likes me to some extent but as a friend only.She tells she cannot have sex with me but at the same time gives signals to have some intimate relationship.she gives mixed reaction.what...

Is it legal that my friend was fired because my other friend was caught shoplifting? [ 3 Answers ]

My friend was caught shoplifting a tester of perfume at sears, he is being charged and blah blah, but he gave the perfume to my other friend who works there, she didn't know it was stolen she thought it was just an early christmas gift, but now a week after the incident she has been fired, is that...

I fall in love with my best friend he still considers me just dear friend can I chang [ 6 Answers ]

I want to know if I can change the way he loves me , knowing that he always loves to talk with me Can this change? Can we become good couple? Thanks all...

View more questions Search