Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arrina_j Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2010, 01:25 PM
    Can air cause a water meter to register consumption?
    I am employed to a utility company and customers of the water sector are complaining that when there is no water at their homes, they hear air passing through the pipes causing the meter to register. I am interested in knowing whether air can cause a meter to register consumption and to what extent.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2010, 01:43 PM

Yes, it's counted as fluid. 100% of the air is counted as water.

Elimination involves placing air eliminators before the water meter or find out the root cause.

I'll ask that this thread be moved to plumbing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What size meter/tap size do I need to run public water 0.3 miles from meter to house [ 3 Answers ]

I need to connect to public water for a variety of reasons. City Engineering has told me I need to make the determination of tap size. House is ~ 0.3 miles from where meter will be installed on driveway/public street junction. City Engineering will make no recommendations on tap size but have...

One Register Has No Air Coming Out [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, The furnace is on, all registers except one have hot air coming out. The problematic one is located upstairs in a bedroom. What is up? Thanks

Water meter and air in line [ 3 Answers ]

Sometimes my water is turned off in my neighborhood. When it is back on the pressure is very hig, would air in the line and too much pressure cause the meter to read higher than norman. Thanks

Hot Air Register not blowing air [ 2 Answers ]

I've got a register that does not appear to be blowing any air. The register is located approximately 4 feet from another register that is blowing just fine. I can hear the furnace working through the register that is not blowing, yet nothing seems to be coming out. This suggests to me that the...

View more questions Search