Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yellowjello Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2010, 12:03 PM
    Reverse phone lookup
    With reverse phone lookup, when it says location, does it say the location of the area code? Or the location you are in at the moment?

Is there anyway to hide this so people do not know my location if they lookup my phone number?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2010, 12:23 PM

Reverse phone usually returns the billing address.

Area code gives you the general area.

Unlisted numbers get you some protection unless your phone number can be obtained through public records.

Cell phones generally cannot be looked up. Sometimes the carrier and general area can be determined. If someone wants it bad enough and wants to pay, you can probably get the billing info. With portable numbers, the result may not be accurate. i.e. Changing carriers and keeping your original number. The are code in a cell number gives you a general location. The exchange may be able to pin it down further.
    KatrinLouis90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2012, 01:30 AM
    No I suspect you can hide your location associated with that number.
    People using free revere phone number lookup won't be able to see your location
    But the problem is when they subscribe to paid reverse cell phone number lookup directory
    Services then they will be able to see all your details associated with that number including
    Your location.
    KatrinLouis90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2012, 01:33 AM
    To make sure your location doesn't appear in the reverse phone lookup services, try the free version of some services online like the ones listed at this link

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Reverse phone directory [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know of an online reverse phone directory that doesn't charge a fee? All the ones I tried pitch their service as being free, but when you try to use it they want to charge you. Thanks for any help. noboat

Number lookup in reverse [ 2 Answers ]

Who's number is 4096519392?

Reverse Cell Phone Search [ 9 Answers ]

I have a cell phone number that I am needing to who belongs to. Its not a blocked number but I get calls during all times of the day, but when I answer they just hang up. If I call back, they don't answer, and their voicemail recording is an automated recording. I am almost positive I know who it...

Cell phone reverse search [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to search via cell phone number only? WITHOUT having to use a site where u have to pay for the service! 07880.. which UK network is this? Thanks.

Forward lookup,reverse lookup [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am not getting the idea what exactly is FORWARD LOOKUP, REVERSE LOOKUP,zones while configuring DNS . Can anone explain briefly or give me the link to go through:)

View more questions Search