Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmpearson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2010, 11:51 AM
    Dishwasher won't drain water
    I have a 2 year old Kenmore Elite dishwasher. It has stopped draining water. I have checked the discharge hose, it is clear. When I push the drain button on the contol pannel I hear the pump running but still no water is discharged. Any suggestions
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 15, 2010, 05:22 PM
    The first thing I would ask is if the disposer in the sink has been replaced, as there is a plug in the dishwasher connection that must be removed if a drain hose will be connected there. If not, then either there is something blocking the water from getting to the pump or the pump impeller is broken (have to replace drain pump). Only way to know is to take the drain pump off the sump assembly and see. Please include a model number off the dishwasher data tag (by door gasket)if you require any further assistance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dishwasher won't fully drain water out [ 0 Answers ]

My dishwasher sometimes does not fully drain the water out?? Please help!

Water flowing out my dishwasher drain [ 1 Answers ]

I have an interesting problem. Water is draining out of my disposal side of the sink just fine. However, when water is stored in the non-disposal side of the sink by using the drain stopper and then released it backs up into the disposal side of the sink instead of dropping straight down into the...

How do I hook up a dishwasher drain that is not located near a sink drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a disher in an island, there is no sink to run the drain to. I can access to a drain line under the floor but don't know the proper method of hooking it up. Any help out there? speve48

Sink drain overflow into dishwasher drain hose. [ 4 Answers ]

I replaced my GE Triton Profile Performance dishwasher and installed a new Bosch SHE55M0 today. After completing the installation, I ran my sink faucet, and noticed that some water was passing back through the dishwasher drain hose back toward the direction of the dishwasher. The only reason that...

View more questions Search