Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tristan619 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2010, 11:44 AM
    How to fix- MSN unavailable device missing 4255555555
    When I try to connect to the internet, I can get to MSN home page. Once I try to go to another site, Iget there, but nothing happens. I click again and it says windows not responding. Connection manager shows - MSN unavailable- Device missing 4255555555. Using Windows XP Pro. Happened suddenly.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2010, 06:39 PM

Found this somewhere and seemed to help resolve the problem

The MSN Connection manager is installed when you start to install MSN Explorer -- Was that the setup wizard you started (has a butterfly icon) rather than MSN Messenger (has an icon of two people)? MSN Explorer is included with XP; MSN Messenger you would have had to download.

The missing device will be displayed if you don't have a dial up modem.

You can right click the Connection Manager and delete it.

To uninstall MSN Explorer, go to Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs. Check if you see MSN there (will be here if updated from the version included with XP).
    If not there, click Add/Remove Windows Components, scroll down to MSN Explorer. If checked, uncheck it.
    kwame24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2012, 01:56 PM
    I unchecked the box but I still don't see it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Usb device disconnected or unavailable as connect broadband modem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi as I connect photon+ modem through usb it shows an disconnected or unavailable device .But same I connect to other system it connects

MSN vid calls crash MSN [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried about everything I could think of, but every time I try to make or receive a video call on MSN, the messenger just freezes. Help?

Network connections:MSN unavailable device missing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this one, but here goes anyway. Up until today MSN has worked fine on this PC. Now all I get is a small window with the message "Signing into .NET Messenger service failed because the service is temporaraly unavailable. Please try again later". I have tried...

View more questions Search