Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heidipg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2010, 11:40 PM
    Where/how do I find detailed email sender info?
    Hi, I received an email to my gmail account last Fri. it was a forward from someone I don't know, that I believe was fabricated. How do I find out who really sent the email? Or where it was sent from, the location of the sender? This was a very upsetting email, I'm trying to figure out where it came from so I can get a better idea of how they would have gotten a hold of my email address and name. The detailed email info, the header? Does not show up on my gmail account. Can I get that info about an email sent to me previously? I'm not technologically savvy, any information would be helpful. Thanks.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2010, 12:46 AM

The headers in gmail can be read by clicking the arrow to the right of the "reply" box and selecting "Show original".

See Reading full email headers - Gmail Help

For a description of the headers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I find this info [ 1 Answers ]

Could I please get information on Jones v. State, 180 Miss.210,177 So. 35 (1937) ?

Is detailed required for what comprises info in Box 7 [ 1 Answers ]

What documentation is a company required to provide to support the dollar amount reported in the "Nonemployee Compensation Box 7 on the IRS Form 1099-Misc. My brother is a contract cross country truck driver and maintains the trucking company has not provided a detailed itemization to support a...

Email info needed! [ 1 Answers ]

What was the exact date when the first email was used? Getting mad (:mad: ) over it please help!:confused:

View more questions Search