Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EXTREEK Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2010, 03:04 PM
    what should i do with her? (dating advice wanted)
    I’m 19 currently a freshmen in collage. Just about two days ago on a weekend I went into class to finish an art project in my spare time, a junior girl about a five minutes later came in the door, grabbed her stuff to work on and then sat at my table. We were the only two in the room. She started the conversation with small talk and after a little while we ended up having a pretty good conversation of our common interests and some random humor. She spoke mostly of super heroes so I think that may be her main interest. She wanted me to come up with a name for hers. We talked for about half an hour and then left in separate directions. I get the feeling that she is interested I’m me and I think during class I have noted her glancing over. On the same day I found her Facebook and I talked to her for a minute about one of her funny pictures that she had. Before that she commented on one of my wall posts. We hadly talked due to she was already distracted by a computer game that she was already playing. I told her that I didn’t want to distract her so ill talk to you later or see you Monday. On Monday when we walked in I gave her a quick friendly smile before taking my seat. I didn’t wave or say hi. For most of the class I sat next to another guy friend talked to him but didn’t look at her at all. I had advice from a friend that it’s good not to make yourself look too available. I took one look at her and noticed that she seemed kind of bord. She seems to dodge my glances, looks around at me through the corner of her eye until she really knows I’m looking at her, then she will look at me. She wasn’t doing anything or even talking to anyone so I waved her over. It was the best way without disturbing the class at the time. She came over and I asked her if she would like to sit with us. She just say maybe in a subtle tone then commented on our projects. We had a small conversation but soon just left back to her own seat. After class she left before me but walking slow as if she wanted me to catch up. I called her in the hall and asked if she was having lunch. She said her car was over there and she has lunch at home. I we talked a light bit and I told her the name I came up with. Her response didn’t seem like she didn’t like it but it also seamed neutral. She just kind of shrugged and smiled. I didn’t really get a chance to ask her to lunch. So here is my theory: she's shy. But that doesn’t expain how she could come up to me on that weekend and have an easy conversation if she was shy. Theory 2: she has lost interest maybe something to do with something in my Facebook. However there is nothing there that I think would make her lose interest that easy. Could my friend count intimidate her? What do you think is happening?
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2010, 03:30 PM
    I think what's happening is that you're over analyzing the situation!

Why don't you just ask her out - if that's what you want to do? Suggest that you see a movie or whatever.

You don't know that she's lots interest. She may be feeling just as uncertain about you as you are about her.

Just be straight and stop playing games - girls don't necessarily prefer guys that are unavailable - they are all individuals, just like you!

You won't know unless you ask her - stop guessing and just do it.

Apr 12, 2010, 03:36 PM

Thank you. I asked her to a tennis game and some dinner. She accepted. Ill let you know how it went
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2010, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EXTREEK View Post
    thank you. i asked her to a tennis game and some dinner. she accepted. ill let you know how it went
    Well done! Hope you have a good time.

Apr 12, 2010, 08:45 PM
    she seamed to have fun. I think she had a good time. I'm going slow so we didn't talk about any thing personal. I was able to get her number as well. What's the next step? And on another note, at the end she told me how she liked macgyver and his cleverness. It was kind of random. We were talking about how she is not afrade to get dirty when working with engines. (dont ask how we got into that) what is that suppose to mean? Is she trying to compare me or make me jealous?
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2010, 10:03 PM
    she seamed to have fun. i think she had a good time. im going slow so we didnt talk about any thing personal. i was able to get her number as well. whats the next step? And on another note, at the end she told me how she liked macgyver and his cleverness. it was kinda random. we were talking about how she is not afrade to get dirty when working with engines. (dont ask how we got into that) what is that suppose to mean? is she trying to compare me or make me jealous?
    Um, go back to my first sentence in my first post... WHY are you OVER-analyzing anything she says?

People say all sorts of things for all sorts of reasons - are you so insecure that her talking about some guy in a TV show makes you think she's trying to make you jealous?

Lighten up or you won't see her again. Try and have some fun, eh.

Apr 12, 2010, 10:25 PM

Jelious was the wrong word. What I meant to ask is do you think bringing up that she would date macgyver is a hint that she wants to talk about dating?
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2010, 11:17 PM
    jelious was the wrong word. what i ment to ask is do you think bringing up that she would date macgyver is a hint that she wants to talk about dating?
    Sheeesh... who knows?? Relax will you?

Apr 12, 2010, 11:20 PM
    I'm not worrying, it was just a question

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Despite my love for her, she went dating a friend of mine and now she wanted to stay [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lady that I love so much at college and at a particular time she went dating a close friend of mine. After our departure from school she came back and wanted to stay with me. What should I do because I am alrady in date with another lady.

Hey guys wanted to know something about middle school dating! [ 19 Answers ]

Hey Guys I live in Dubai born to an Indian family.See, the thing is that my folks do not agree with dating in Middle School.My thoughts are completely like those of the Americans.I know every single thing an American knows at this age.I love cute boys.I am 12 years old.I just want to date the...

Teen advice wanted [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 16 yr old step daughter who my wife and I are needing advice on. She has been diagnosed with adhd and anxiety. She currently takes zoloft to control both symptoms. We have recently found out that she has tried hard drugs before, but that she hasn't since she was about 14. However,...

Advice Wanted [ 2 Answers ]

I have an E-Machine-533 MHz-256 SDRAM, its as high as I can update it without changing motherboard etc.I am wondering whether to use Windows XP or Windows 2000?I only surf the web and email.Btw 8.4 H.D. :)

View more questions Search