Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kittenkibble Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2010, 01:07 PM
    Interlock
    I have the interlock in my car and I haven't been drinking at all... the stupid thing aborts and fails all the time... seriously, coffee, jelly beans, lip gloss you name it... I am so worried that my download will look like I'm a mess!! Are they all this bad? So frustrating!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2010, 01:16 PM

Haven't seen any around, Do you breath in it and if sober(under a % of alcahol), it will let you start the car? And it Logs all breathing inputs, etc??
    Is this Court Ordered?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 12, 2010, 01:21 PM

No, they work very well, almost no false reads. If you are having trouble, you are suppose to take it back to the dealer and have it calibrated and checked. If you wait for them to read it, you will be a drunk trying to keep driving on their records.
    kittenkibble Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2010, 01:31 PM

Yes, you breath into it and it registers everything... I will call my dealer. I log everything... thank you.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2010, 02:13 PM

Do people have these installed for themselves, Insurance break? Parents? who uses these?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2010, 02:47 PM

The Courts order them - several people in PA have posted about them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 12, 2010, 08:21 PM

Yes, people with drinking related offenses are often ordered to use them as the only way they will be allowed to drive or keep their license.

TN and GA have used them for some time.

Normally some or several companies will have a contract with the local courts to provide this service.

If they show failed test, this can be grounds for violation of the program.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pa's interlock system [ 33 Answers ]

Is there any way to get around having this special license for a year? My court sentence has been completed. Pa. still will punish me further, how can this be?

Interlock driveway [ 3 Answers ]

I am thinking of putting in an interlock driveway, right now it is just gravel. I am thinking about doing the work myself this summer, but need to know about the base that I would need.

Mistakenly not given an interlock in Pennsylvania [ 1 Answers ]

I live in PA. I had my second dui 2 years ago and served the 1 1/2 year suspension that comes w/ refusing to give blood. The suspension ended and I got my restoration requirements letter. I did what they asked, and got my little card saying I could get my license. The card listed no restrictions...

Interlock violation [ 2 Answers ]

I was put on probation in hamilton county for a high tier dui I received an interlock device and the yellow tags to go with it. I drank one night and blew dirty and I am now facing a violation of probation. I have sinced quit my job as I worked as a stripper which lead me to drink in the first...

Clutch Interlock [ 1 Answers ]

The ignition switch on my 2000 Ford Focus would not turn. I had to have it replaced. One year later it is periodically having the same problem, but I keep a very small hammer in the car, and all it takes is a couple of taps on the key for me to be able to turn the key. BUT... now it seems that...

View more questions Search