Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    knvanos Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2010, 08:14 AM
    Pilot light stays on maybe 1/2 to 1- hr then goes out
    The pilot light on the water heater goes out after the hot water temp is reached
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 15, 2010, 07:01 PM
    A water heater is commonly referred to as a home appliance, but you would probably be better served asking your question on the plumbing pages. There could be a bad thermocouple, could be a bad control unit, who knows.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pilot light stays lit, but the gas valve will not open [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Thatcher furnace model 53170. The pilot light stays lit, but the gas valve will not open to ignite the burners. I have a constant 24v across the transformer terminals. When I check the terminals at the gas valve I experience an intermitant 24v signal about every 5 minutes. I can't...

Pilot light on gas fireplace stays lit for 5-7 days [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Your help is greatly appreciated, here is my issue. I have a natural gas fireplace, the pilot light worked fine, the fireplace wouldn't light up unless I tapped on the gas valve. I had a heating and plumbing company come in ( 6 times and $750 later) I think they replaced every...

Goodman furnace igniter stays on 20 sec with pilot light [ 1 Answers ]

Have a Goodman forced air unit in my garage, was used only now and then, a while ago it started this... turn furnace on and igniter comes on and lights pilot then stops for a second then comes back on for about 20-30 seconds... all this time pilot is light and strong... then igniter stops and...

Pilot light stays on but pilot switch keeps resetting [ 5 Answers ]

I have a baso L62AA-5 pilot switch and it used to keep resetting. I would hold the switch down for a good minute and the gas lights, but after a half an hour or so it would go back to its reset position. The standing pilot light was always on and never a problem. After a few days of manually...

View more questions Search