Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babybanana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2010, 05:50 AM
    My ex boyfriend is giving up on everything apparently because of me.
    He's pretty much giving up on everything because of me and saying he can never love again, yet he broke up with me. I still love him and he wants me to give him up when he knows that he's the best thing that's ever happened to me. He helped me get in contact with my mom again that I haven't talked to in a very long time, and much much more.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2010, 06:11 AM

Why did you two break up?
    AmericanGirl01 Posts: 145, Reputation: 83

Apr 12, 2010, 07:34 AM

I agree with Rome - why did you two break up?

But from what I can tell, he's told you he can never love you again and he broke up with you. It sounds like he's made his feelings very clear to you. It doesn't really matter that you still love him.. it takes two people to make a relationship work and it really sounds like he doesn't want to work at it anymore.

You can either refuse to hear what he is saying and drag this out making it much more painful for you than it has to be, OR hear what he is telling you and respect his wishes.

Remember, you can't force someone to love you.. and just because you love him, doesn't mean he has to feel the same way.
    the_original Posts: 177, Reputation: 51

Apr 12, 2010, 08:01 AM

American Girl is right, we can't change the way people feel about us, no matter how much it hurts or how "all of a sudden" it feels. It does suck, but time heals everything. I think you should give him his space and respect his wishes.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 12, 2010, 01:11 PM

Hard as it is, better let him go and do his thing without you, as making a pest of yourself will not get him to change his mind, but make it worse, and push him further away.

If he changes his mind, that must be his choice without pressure and influence from you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm thinking about giving my boyfriend my paycheck [ 5 Answers ]

I am in my forties and have never really had to struggle because I have had a very nice life up until my divorce this year. I was very fortunate and grew up with pretty much a great life with my parents and then got married and was stable. This past year has been the worst for me financially......

Giving boyfriend rights regarding my kids [ 2 Answers ]

I am divorced with 2 kids age 15, 11. We have not heard or seen from my ex for 7 years, no child support, no contact. I have been seeing my boyfriend for 5 years and he is amazing with the kids, in their eyes he is their father. We are not married but I would like to know if I can give him legal...

My EX boyfriend is giving me mixed signals! [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 'H', 21yrs old and in need of some of advice! When I was 16yrs I became friends with a guy (who I will name 'T') he is in the army. I had known his two brothers for years, and finally met 'T' when he came back to my home town to visit his family & friends. 'T' and I hit it off instantly...

View more questions Search