Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RollinOnARiver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2010, 08:31 PM
    Which diamond should I buy?
    Round Center Stone for Engagement Ring - I can't decide which one is better:

I hear that GIA v. EGL is that EGL is two less on color and 1 less on clarity... does than mean that the EGL below is really a G color and SI2 clarity if it were GIA?

Which stone should I buy? Assume the prices to be essentially the same.

E Color, 1.01, EGI cert, SI1 Clarity, VG Cut, VG Polish, VG Sym, Depth: 61.8%, Table 61%, Cutlet No, Flour No

Or

H Color, 1.07, GIA cert, SI1 Clarity, Ex Cut, Ex Polish, Ex Sym, Depth: 62.2%, Table 55%, Cutlet None, Flourescence None

Help! Thanks!!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2010, 08:41 PM

Which one will the woman you're giving it to like more? When I pick jewelry, none of the stuff you listed means anything to me. I pick what's pretty :)
    AskTheKitty Posts: 24, Reputation: 10

Jun 21, 2010, 03:46 PM

Hello!

The first diamond (EGI), would be equal to a GIA diamond that has a color rating G and SI2 clarity.

The second GIA diamond is larger, has a better color, cut, polish and symmetry and would be the better buy out of the two.

The G color of the first isn't really enough of a difference to outshine the H color of the second.

A woman would no doubt be thrilled with either diamond, but as a buyer, the second diamond is of better value and quality. If the prices are about the same, I'd definitely go for the second one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight? [ 11 Answers ]

Which dioamond ring should I buy a solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight?

Guitar.where to buy it and buy cheap [ 14 Answers ]

I want to start playing guitar but I talked to a friend who knows and even plays guitars. He said to buy one at walmart to start which I agreed cheap see if I catch on then buy upgrade from it. But then I talked to my dad and he said there are cheaper ones on eBay but I'm scared on getting one...

Which diamond ring should I buy? [ 3 Answers ]

Which dioamond ring should I buy a solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight?

Which Diamond Is Better? [ 4 Answers ]

My grandmother died 12 years ago, and left behind 2 diamonds for me for an engagement ring, both worth around $3000. I'm her grandson, and I'm almost ready to propose. I only want one diamond, and I want to give the other to my family to sell for money, but I don't know which one to choose for...

View more questions Search