Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbell61 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2010, 05:30 PM
    Kenmore elite dryer
    Iam dealing with a sears kenmore dryer model#110.60932990 that has a heating problem.I replaced the heating element,thermistor,thermal cut-off,thermostat and the thermal fuse! The heating element will come on but then goes off and will not come back on and off like it should on the lowest cycle or knit settings.Could this be a bad heater relay? That's the only thing left to replace that I can think of?
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 15, 2010, 08:05 PM
    FYI... your dryer doesn't have a heater relay. The four items you listed only make the dryer able to create heat, and have nothing to do with the dryers ability to get rid of the heat created. If you have replaced those 4 components, then you don't have a heating problem, you have a breathing problem. Most likely, the dryer isn't breathing well enough to dissipate the heat that the heater creates. The system won't try to turn the heater back on if it sees that it hasn't cooled back down to the cut-in temperature. First, make sure the lint screen is clean. Second, disconnect the dryer from the exhaust system and make sure there is at least 2 feet of empty space behind the dryer. Turn the dryer on and see what happens. Let me know the result.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Model # of Kenmore Elite Catalysts Washer set to Kenmore 110.60936990 dryer from 1999 [ 3 Answers ]

I am experiencing weird problems with my top of the line Kenmore Elite Catalysts washing machine. I bought the washer and dryer as a pair for about $1700 in 1999. The dryer model # is 110.60936990 but the sticker has worn off the washer so I do not know the model #. I think it could be...

Kenmore elite dryer f2 [ 0 Answers ]

Dryer say's f2 and won't run. Can anyone help me??

Kenmore Elite Dryer [ 3 Answers ]

From time to time, I am able to select my drying selections, load size and all the settings but when I push START it only "clicks" and will not start. Then the next day, it is like it "resets" itself and works fine. There seems to be no reason when or why this occurs. Is there any reason why...

View more questions Search