Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jurkiewicz6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2010, 05:17 PM
    Is there a positive and negative on thermostat
    Replaced thermostat and thermal cut off, as well as heating element in Kenmore Elite dryer - my question is... I neglected to write down which wire went into which connector. I have the wiring but I don't know if the connectors on the all the parts listed above have a positive/negative poles? Or is it all neutral - meaning, as long as the right wires going in and out are to the diagram I should be fine? No worries w/ which pole has which wire on each part? Hope that makes sense... thanks so much!
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 15, 2010, 07:51 PM
    Sears doesn't make anything... they buy it from other companies; simply stating "Kenmore" doesn't mean much. Without the model number off the data tag, the following may be accurate, it may not. Assuming we're talking about a 29" dryer built by Whirlpool (lint screen comes out of the top of the dryer)... terminology makes a difference here. The thermal fuse is next to the exhaust connection... the thermal cut off is towards the top of the heater housing... the operating thermostat is also next to the exhaust connection... the high limit thermostat is also on the heater box, but just above the heater terminals. That said... the thermal fuse has two thin light blue wires; orientation makes no difference. The cycling thermostat has 4 wires... 2 thin and 2 heavy. Orientation makes no difference here, either. The 2 heavy wires go to the larger terminals and the thinner ones go the smaller terminals on the thermostat. If you really did change the thermal fuse on the heater box and the high limit below it, they are all heavy red wires and orientation makes no difference there either. Don't hesitate to provide more info if any of this isn't exactly what you see.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 1/2 months no pms 3 urine test negitive&2blood negative can I still be Pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi 2 everyone I'm new and with a question. I haven't had my period for 2 months and a week in half now and soon be three, last menstrual was March 21,2009. I have done 3 urine test and are negative.I also have done two blood test done at medical school not a clinic is there a differents on test?...

I just had a blood test ANA positive SS-b for sjogren's slightly positive [ 7 Answers ]

Does this mean I definitely have Sjogren's?:confused:

Still negative? [ 2 Answers ]

Period was due on 14th. Took a hpt on the 22nd negative. And another today( fmu) negative again. No sypm. Any ideas. What questions should I ask the dr. on Friday?? Never late before and Im 39

Negative first response [ 2 Answers ]

I took a first response test Thursday and it was negative. I was 2 weeks late then now I am 2 weeks and 2 weeks 3 days (17 days late). My last period was feb. 6th and I do believe I am pregnant I'm not stressing out and I'm not obsessive but I have little signs that are starting to appear that I've...

View more questions Search