Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thomas falcone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 02:57 PM
    Base molding
    How do you install base molding to metal studs
    jhardegr Posts: 25, Reputation: 5

Dec 4, 2006, 12:26 PM
    If it were me I would probably glue it on with construction adhesive.

--John
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Dec 4, 2006, 01:38 PM
    Unless you know you have wood blocking between the studs, what John said would be the way to go.
    Use a MDF baseboard and keep it off the floor a little bit. MDF won't expand and contract like real wood does.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gold base and blue base hair color [ 2 Answers ]

I have many times colored my hair in years past. I always used miss clairols blondest beige and it always turned out fine. About 4 years ago I grew it all out my natural color. Light light brown (dishwater blonde) Anyway.. last night.. I decided to color my hair I bought lightest golden blonde...

Crown molding [ 16 Answers ]

I need help installing crown molding. Is it necessary to use adhesive as well as nails?

Crown molding [ 3 Answers ]

Question 1 What type of nails do I use for the real wood crown molding? Question 2 How do I measure the angle, in degrees, of my ceiling? It is something other than 90 or 45? I was hoping to use something simpler than Trig functions.

Crown molding [ 6 Answers ]

I need help to cope a inside 45 on crown molding

Installing a base molding to a wall that has metal stud [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for help on installing base molding, and so far everything I have seen tells you to install the molding to the wall by nailing it to the stud. My question is; what happens if the stud in the wall is metal, would that nail hold securely in the metal stud? If not what...

View more questions Search