Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2010, 07:14 AM
    Sleep paralysis?
    Okay so Spring Break was a hard week for me, I was working hard, got no sleep [if any].

One night I finally took some sleeping pills to help me fall asleep. I went to sleep and next thing I knew I awoke but I think I was dreaming, but then I wasn't, it was confusing. I didn't try to move because I felt really scared for some reason. So I just closed my eyes and eventually fell back asleep.

Yesterday, I was telling a friend about this and he said it was "sleep paralysis". It made sense. I read up on it. The stuff I read about creeped me out:
    The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful, or dream-like, objects (often described as looking distinctly demonic by those who experience the paralysis) may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Has anyone experienced something like this, I mean that freaky? I want to know! Stuff like the really interests me. Makes me want to not sleep for 8 days straight... there's something about being scared that I like.

Thanks!
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Apr 10, 2010, 07:24 AM

Yes I have experienced this several times. I, though have also felt fully aware of what was going on in the room. Could see everything, almost like I was out of my body, if you understand what I mean. I wanted to speak but nothing would come out and It felt like I was fighting against my body. It isn't a pleasant experience .

Apr 10, 2010, 07:26 AM

I also have seen "figures" looming over me and again have been unable to move. People have said Oh you must have been dreaming but I know I was awake.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2010, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    Yes I have experienced this several times. I, though have also felt fully aware of what was going on in the room. Could see everything, almost like I was out of my body, if you understand what I mean. I wanted to speak but nothing would come out and It felt like I was fighting against my body. It isn't a pleasant experience .
    .. but doesn't it make you feel so... alive? Like when it's over your heart is racing and your just like wow did that just happen!

Thanks for sharing!

Apr 10, 2010, 10:32 AM

Do you know, on the one hand it makes me believe that there is far more going on, in a spiritual sense, than we may be able to understand.

However that feeling of not being able to move makes me feel I have lost control and also makes me reflect on people for who this state is permanent. Imagine never being able to move...
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2010, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    Do you know, on the one hand it makes me believe that there is far more going on, in a spiritual sense, than we may be able to understand.
    I'm a science girl, a fact girl. I'm much happier with the "Sleep Paralysis" textbook answer than some spirtual answer...

.. but that's just me :)

However that feeling of not being able to move makes me feel I have lost control and also makes me reflect on people for who this state is permanent. Imagine never being able to move...
    That must be horrible, to be paralyzed permanently.. Do you think those type of people should be.. what that word? It's when someone assists them when they want to kill themselves. I know it starts with an "e". Oh well you know what I mean by now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do conditions or events such as OBE and Sleep Paralysis run in families? [ 2 Answers ]

After reading this : Triangle Man - Your True Tales - March 2009 I tried to find a logical explanation and remembered waking once paralyzed. I have found out that it was Sleep Paralysis and that it is related to REM (rapid eye mouvement). After telling my father about it he told me of his OBE...

Sleep Paralysis? [ 3 Answers ]

I wasn't sure where this should go. There is a very strange thing that happens to me sometimes, but only sometimes... When I'm asleep, I dream of being awake. Sometimes I'm sure that I am awake, but I can't move. I'm just lying there and fight and fight and fight to open my eyes or move...

Sleep Paralysis [ 7 Answers ]

(To under stand more about this please visit sleep paralysis - Google Search Unfortunately, I have sleep paralysis. For those who don't know its problem when you sleep. What happens is, when sleeping, your body becomes paralyzed and as much as you want to move, talk, scream, or even breathe...

Paralysis episodes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 15 yrs old Sometimes when I'm sleeping I get these episodes where frist I hear a rining in my ears, then my heart races real fast and during this process I can't move or talk. Lasts about 30 secs happens sometimes now more often though

Sleep Paralysis [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine described briefly to me what this was. It was briefly because she had only heard about it and didn't have much info. Could someone tell me more about it or where I can go to learn more? Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search