Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beachie841 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2010, 09:44 PM
    Looking for a Childrens/YA book from late 70's/early 80's
    It was about a young girl who lived in Manhattan. Her family was wealthy and she was kidnapped and held for ransom. Her family was very quirky and eccentric and the book was very funny - kind of madcap. Anyone have any ideas? I think the title started with "The kidnapping of......" or "The ransom of......" (And no, it's not "The Kidnapping of Christina Lattimore" - this had a very different tone.)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 9, 2010, 09:52 PM

In the morning, call or visit your public library, YP or YA department. They will have reader's advisory databases and print reference to help you track down the title of this book.
    beachie841 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2010, 03:22 AM

Thanks for your quick reply, Wondergirl. I've already gone that route (even going to the library where I checked out the book 20+ years ago) and came up dry. The book was no longer in the catalog and we (the reference Librarian) couldn't find anything with a similar title to my memory or a similar description in the databases. I thought posting on a forum like this might jog someone's memory - hopefully your response won't prevent someone from replying.
    gemini_angel Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2010, 01:13 PM

Maybe "The Kidnapping of Courtney Van Allen and What's-Her-Name" by Joyce Cool:

When 12-year-old Jan Travis is kidnapped along with her world-famous, wealthy friend, the kidnappers demand something other than money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 70's early 80's Anime about a Battleship in Space [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone remember the name of that cartoon where there was a battleship made into a spaceship that's all I remember about it

Late 70's early 80's Movie. What is the Name! [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know if this is a movie made for TV or just a movie... I believe it was on Satellite when I seen it... The movie goes like this; two sisters go off to college(one is the quiet type and the other is a material girl type) they both try to get into Sororities; they end up in different Sorority...

Name of a Movie From the late 70's-early 80's [ 5 Answers ]

Friend doesn't remember much about the movie, but believes it may have starred Kurt Russell. Said it was an action movie, involving older cars from the 50's or so and featured one car specially equipped with a "ram" that would disable other cars in a demolition type race. May also have had a drag...

I am looking for a movie from the late 70's or early 80's [ 1 Answers ]

It was about a group of girls that were friends. I mainly remember the end where the main character is hitchhiking and gets into a car with a man and a woman, and they rear end a semi truck. It was on TV when I remember seeing it.

View more questions Search