Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fwal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 12:24 PM
    Monitor Problems
    Hi

I have a Toshiba Portege 7140, I have recently installed Windows XP and everything is working fine except the display is not fully covering the entire monitors screen. I have tried changing the settings in Display on several occasions nothing seems to work. I continue to have this black border around the image. I did check the Device Manager to see if I was receiving any error symbols but there are no errors but again it continues to have a black border around the entire screen. Has anyone experienced this problem and came up with the solution?
    choplogik Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 06:52 PM
    Are you at the highest resolution possible? If anything I would first try to switch to external monitor(Function + ?) then back to see if that helps... maybe even try using an actual monitor for temporary external connection.
    introuble1985 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2006, 12:12 AM
    Check your resolution. I have an older monitor attached to a newer computer and it does the same thing. In my case the monitor is so old it can't support the higher resolution. I've seen this before and it is usually fixed by just finding the correct resolution. Have you installed your video drivers? Let me know if this works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I want to upgrade my poop monitor but I have no idea where to start, I want a widescreen HD 19+ inch plasma monitor for as cheap as possible, can anyone give me advice? Regards- eric

Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

hi my computer screen just jumps in and out concave and convex I think the more settings are wrong, it was stuck on 400x640, I then changed it to 600x800 but it still jumps. any suggestions thanks

Having monitor or video driver problems [ 1 Answers ]

I recently accquired a used computer from my dad. It is a Dell computer, and I am using my old Gateway VX700 monitor. My problem is that once I formatted the hard drive and started reinstalling the drivers my display has not been good at all. It's really hard to explain what it looks like, but...

Start up problems with my monitor [ 4 Answers ]

When I start up my PC the PC monitor does not come on automatically. I then switch my monitor on and get a "Video Error" message. I then turn off the PC without turning off the monitor and then re start the PC which then enables me to use the system. I am currently using Windows 98se. Can you...

View more questions Search