Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kerbongi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2010, 02:38 PM
    Drain Waste Vent tie in.
    Hi,
    My home is already roughed in. When standing in the bathroom looking at the vanity wall (from the left to the right) I have a 2" PVC pipe sticking up 17 1/2" to the right of that is my 5" toilet pipe sticking up about 24 1/2", and further to right is the shower drain hole cut in the foundation with the pvc. In the ceiling going to the 1st floor is a 2" vent pipe. My question is this. I understand that I will place my sink on the 2" pipe to the far left with a T connection and tie this into the vent pipe going up to the roof. Is this all I do? Are the toilet and shower already pre-vented from the rough in? I imagine the toilet and shower are already vented due to the fact they are under the foundation... Thanks for any response.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 9, 2010, 02:57 PM

Yep, sounds like your all set. Most likely the two inch pipe sticking up is the vent for toilet and shower(all tied together under the slab). It will be just fine to drain the sink into that vent, its called wet venting, not a problem. Hope things go smoothly, take care.
    kerbongi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2010, 03:21 PM
    Thanks for the super quick response. I'm trying to get together my DWV drawing for permit approval, and this just seemed too easy. Knock on wood of course... thanks again for your time and quick response.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 9, 2010, 03:25 PM

No problem. Let us know how the permit approval goes.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 9, 2010, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Is this all I do? Are the toilet and shower already pre-vented from the rough in??
    They should be, This is how we rough in our bathrooms, see image). Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain-waste-vent plumbing (long) [ 3 Answers ]

A bit of background: My wife and I are about to purchase a home (closing date = April 23) that has some 'issues' (don't they all?). The former owner was in the middle of renovating most of the house... specifically, he was in the process of putting in a second bathroom. It looks like he put in...

Laundry Waste Line--Can you tie into sewer mainline cleanout? [ 18 Answers ]

At some point in my single-story home's existence, a previous owner moved the laundry from its indoor setup (the original design) to the garage. That owner tied the laundry waste line into the cleanout for the kitchen sink, which was exposed in the garage. He used 1-1/2" steel pipe for the...

Bath Drain Waste and Vent For Bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here is my original project I was working on but while read plumbing books I came across something that made me address my other post about the sewer smell in the upstairs sink. Anyway, this is a master bath project on the first floor. Attached is a diagram based off what I was thinking...

Drain vent and tie in for new second floor laundry [ 6 Answers ]

I'm adding a second floor laundry in an unused closet. The space has an interior wall with an unused return air duct that goes straight down to the unfinished basement right next to the main house drains. Lucky, I know.. There are two places I can tap into the drain at the bottom of the duct....

Drain Waste Vent Outside Kitchen Smells [ 5 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedundefined :mad: Our house is 4 years old. We are on town water and sewer, no septic tank. There is a Drain Waste Vent on the outside wall of the house, directly behind the kitchen sink area. The end of the vent has a slotted cover. Approximately 1 month ago, I noticed that...

View more questions Search