Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pennybear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2010, 10:04 AM
    If I'd quit my job due to my health would I still be eligible for unemployment
    I Have Been Struggling For Months Now With Some Health Issues That Are Interfearing With My Ability To Do My Job And I Work In A Daycare So You Have To Be On Your Toes At All Times And I Just Can't Do It Anymore But I Just Can't Up And Quit Without An Income I Wished I Could But Its Not Possible To Survive On One Income Today
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2010, 10:11 AM

You are either disabled and unable to work or not disabled but unemployed and eligible for Unemployment.

When you sign for Unemployment you have to sign that you are able to work and actually seeking employment.

Get a letter from your Physician to the effect that you cannot maintain employment and file for disability benefits.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2010, 06:57 PM

Disability approval can take months or more likely now years to be approved in this current government financial situation. In the meantime the government does not pay you to stay home and not work until you are approved. You would have to have another source of income such as a spouse to tide you over in that scenerio.

What exactly are your "health issues" that prevent you from doing your present job? Have you tried to get employment in a different field other than day care?

Two of the questions you will be asked for your weekly unemployment filing are:

"During the week claimed were you available for work?

During the week claimed were you physically and mentally able to work?"

Right there you would be excluded or eliminated from unemployment benefits.

Now if you were laid off from your present job you could collect unemployment benefits if you were not physically incapacited and could actually look for work but you would not be eligible to file for disability.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 9, 2010, 09:17 PM

You can not collect unemployment if you quit under most circumstances

You can not collect unemployment if you are not able to work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I my separation notice says I quit but I was fired for T&A can ;I get unemployment [ 1 Answers ]

I commuted 81 miles one way work for 12 years. The traffic worsened a great deal over that time. For the past few years especially. The hospital enacted a new time and attendance policy which was too strict. (one infraction even for being one minute late You could not h ave over 12...

On unemployment and turned down a job [ 4 Answers ]

I am the owner of a plumbing company in Florida. I know of a plumber that is on unemployment because he was laid off. I offered him a job @ $19.00 per hour, one weeks paid vacation after one year, two weeks paid vacation after two years, Christmas bonus, forty hours a week. He turned down the job....

Custody issue relate to moving due to unemployment [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I'm currently unemployed, and have custody of my child. My ex-husband and I have "join managing custody" Recently, I'm being offered a job out of my current state. Although, I do not wish to have my son leaving his father, but I also have to have a job to support both of us. My ex...

Lost custody due to unemployment? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I'm recently divorced for 1 year, and has custody of my child, living in Texas. I've just lost my job. Can my X take my child custody due to my unemployment? Thank you so much.

I quit my job, but the new job stopped hiring [ 3 Answers ]

I found a new job, great. So, I quit my current job a week ago and give them a two week notice (so I'm still on this job). However, today I got a notice from the new job that they have to freeze new hire due to the company policy. What can I do? Can I ask the new company to pay me for the lost...

View more questions Search