Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leuchs32 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2010, 07:52 PM
    Maytag neptune dryer, MDG6700aww, barely heating. Dryer is only a few months old.
    Maytag neptune, MDG6700aww, is barely even getting luke warm when drying clothes. I have tried changing the temperature and cycle settings and it doesn't make a difference. When I first put the dryer in it worked fine, now in the past month its not even getting "warm". It's a gas dryer.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2010, 03:51 AM

Sounds like the control has gone bad. If only a few months old, is it not still under warranty?
    leuchs32 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2010, 09:59 AM

Thanks for the response! I bought it from a maytag overstock wearhouse and haven't heard back from them yet if the warranty is still good.
    rcaldwell Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Aug 14, 2010, 10:02 PM

You could have a couple of things wrong. You can have a bad valve coil - not holding gas valve open. You can have a restricted vent thus not allowing heat or airflow into the drum. You can have a bad thermostat, bad high-limit thermostat, or other. Sounds like you may need to call for repair. Hope this helps,
    Rich
    Western Appliance Repair of Boise
    208-863-3702
    VALETSIGN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 08:52 AM
    Maytag MDG6700AWW NEVER WORKED DISPLAY SHOWES "FE"
    All buttons and indicators works but after 5 seconds starts beeping and showing FE
    Please answer back
    VALETSIGN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 09:03 AM
    Maytag MDG6700AWW NEVER WORKED brand New DISPLAY SHOWES "FE"
    Soon asplug in all bottons and indicators works but after 5 seconds starts beeping and showing FE no motor action no nothing
    Please answer back
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2012, 06:10 PM
    It's not how old it is, but how many loads of clothes have been through it. Each load puts a lining of concrete-hard lint deposits on all surfaces. You will have to take it apart and test the thermal fuse near the burner. You will have to clean the drier out thoroughly or it is all for nothing. Every air duct will have to be removed and scraped and washed out to remove baked on lint deposits which is like a concrete lining. This will burn so the manufacturer has installed the safeties to keep from having a house fire. The safeties are oval-shaped with a round center part containing the safety with two plug-on terminals for the wires and when they burn open from the dryer being dirty nothing will work. Using an ohm meter you put a lead on each terminal of the safety with wires unplugged and if it's good you will have a reading of about zero; if it's bad it will read infinity. Driers were the number one cause of fires at one time, hence now we have safety fuses. Look at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMP7BW1lLs4 to see how. Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBiRw-KElC4 ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFTZGgVisCI
    http://www.electrical-forensics.com/Dryer/ElectricClothesDryers.html
    http://fixitnow.com/wp/2010/10/09/whirlpool-dryer-model-le5800xsw3-wiring-diagram/
    When you finish cleaning the drier and install a new safety it is best to also replace the belt, too, because you do not want to have to disassemble it all over again and if the belt is over two years old you should replace it.

Note that on most of the videos it does not show them washing out the parts, but this is important because it's the only way to really get the parts clean, just don't get motor wet or the capacitor if it has one. Vacuum out the motor. I would move the drier out to your garage to have plenty of space to work. You also want to check your vent and clean it, also. The vent should have a short run and be straight as possible. The job is really easier than it sounds. There is no shortcut that will work; it has to be cleaned well. Before you re-assemble it make sure to use white lithium grease (high-temp grease) and grease all bearings. Just vacuuming out the dryer a little does little good. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Neptune Gas Dryer not heating [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, :( I have a Maytag Neptune gas dryer that will not heat all the time. I can hear the sound when the heat comes on and then about 2 minutes into the cycle it stops heating. I have cleaned the vent hose from the dryer to the outside so that is not the problem. Just want to know whether to order a...

Maytag neptune dryer [ 3 Answers ]

My dryer won't spin and I smells like something is burning when I hold the button to try to start it This is a gas model mdg3000aww Is it the bearings? How do I take it apart to see the problem? From the front??

Maytag neptune mdg4000bww dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I've got a Maytag Dryer, that will not heat up, I've pulled the cover off, and check to see if the igniter is firing up properly, sure does, I thought it might be the gas valve solenoid, but if that were the case, no gas would go through, however I open the door (I put it back on with the cover...

View more questions Search