Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chantelle1212 Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Apr 8, 2010, 09:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    As I've stated before, I believe that you've been through a lot, I just hate general statements. If you wish to discuss your feelings about these things there are forums for Beravement and family& people. That would be where they would be better discussed. I am in no way disregarding your situations, just the statements. I have my reasons for that, it's nothing personal.
    Sorry for kind of snapping but I use general statements because that's the easiest way to explain myself. Its not an excuse but I've changed since my dad died. I don't go to councellers or any of that crap because they don't understand either. There's really no point.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2010, 09:18 PM

I think it's important to treat chantelle1212 and other young people with respect. I feel that many of the remarks here, though well meaning, were patronizing and a bit insulting. I don't blame chantelle for reacting negatively to the tone of the advice given here. A 14 year old is young and inexperienced in many ways, but not a child either. All 18 year old boys are not cads either. I don't think it's right to give advice based on stereotypes. If you don't know enough about someone's situation, please ask more questions.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2010, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chantelle1212 View Post
    my dad was murdered when i was eleven. that is where my dad is. less than a year later my sister was diognosed with leukemia. tell me that i havent been through a lot. i make straight a's except for the odd b. you want to here about what ive been through ohsohappy, .
    Sweetie.. I'm so sorry for your loss. It is a horrible time for you. Grief causes us to do many things we wouldn't normally do. Just think about this; Would your Dad want you to be with an older guy? I'm sure your mother is so overwhelmed she doesn't have time to watch your every move.

Think about what you are doing. You make good grades and you can write your own ticket when you graduate. Make your mom and Dad and your sister proud. Most of all be proud of yourself. We are here to help you. If you will listen we will be able to do that.. :)

Apr 8, 2010, 09:23 PM

Its just different too because I know that seeing him is wrong.. but liking him as much as I do over powers that. My mom knows him and likes him, but a crutial part in that is that she doesn't know where dating. He's been in my life since I can remember. I know that if he weren't so much older than me, than my parents wouldn't care.
    The question is... what do I do??
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2010, 09:25 PM
    sorry for kinda snapping but i use general statements because thats the easiest way to explain myself. its not an excuse but ive changed since my dad died. i dont go to councellers or any of that crap because they dont understand either. theres really no point.
    I didn't mean to be so patronizing either. I'm kind of in a funk myself. My Grandfather died and his funeral was today so my mood is a bit wacky and for some reason I felt the need to be critical. The tone was all wrong. My bad. :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2010, 09:26 PM
    its just different too because i know that seeing him is wrong.. but liking him as much as i do over powers that. my mom knows him and likes him, but a crutial part in that is that she doesnt know where dating. hes been in my life since i can remember. i know that if he werent so much older than me, than my parents wouldnt care.
    the question is.... what do i do???
    Whatever your parents would approve of. :)

Apr 8, 2010, 09:27 PM
    I didn't mean to be so patronizing either. I'm kind of in a funk myself. My Grandfather died and his funeral was today so my mood is a bit wacky and for some reason I felt the need to be critical. the tone was all wrong. My bad. :)
    Its OK. I completely understand. :)

Apr 8, 2010, 09:29 PM
    Whatever your parents would approve of. :)
    Well that's 50-50. My mom likes and dad liked him, but the age thing screws that up.
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2010, 09:31 PM
    well thats 50-50. my mom likes and dad liked him, but the age thing screws that up.
    You should be honest with them before you can really know for sure. I think that's the best thing you can do.

Apr 8, 2010, 09:34 PM

I don't know. Think ill talk to my mom and see what she says tomorrow. Ill see how much trouble I'm in.
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2010, 09:36 PM
    idk. think ill talk to my mom and see what she says tomorrow. ill see how much trouble im in.
    Good plan. :)
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2010, 09:40 PM
    well thats 50-50. my mom likes and dad liked him, but the age thing screws that up.
    Just a suggestion.. Talk with mom about it. Chantelle what really makes me uneasy is the law against this. If you should and ( I'm not saying you will)decide to have sex with him.. he will be the one in trouble.

I just wish there were a way to make you happy. Either way you're going to be sad. If you break up with him or choose to stay with him and the relationship moves into the intimacy stage he loses and so do you. Think about it hon.. I wish I could make you feel better!:)

Apr 8, 2010, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Just a suggestion..Talk with mom about it. Chantelle what really makes me uneasy is the law against this. If you should and ( I'm not saying you will)decide to have sex with him..he will be the one in trouble.

I just wish there were a way to make you happy. Either way you're going to be sad. If you break up with him or choose to stay with him and the relationship moves into the intimacy stage he loses and so do you. Think about it hon..I wish i could make you feel better!:)
    Neither way... I've got to tell my mom and its only going to make things worse. But if I tell her now and she knows that all I've done is kiss him, then she won't be as mad as she would be if I did more...

Its just that I don't want to get him into trouble because I really do care about him...

And then there's the fact that breaking up with him won't stop that.
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2010, 09:56 PM
    neither way... ive got to tell my mom and its only going to make things worse. but if i tell her now and she knows that all ive done is kiss him, then she wont be as mad as she would be if i did more....

its just that i dont want to get him into trouble because i really do care about him...

and then theres the fact that breaking up with him wont stop that.
    I believe very strongly in prayer. You really have been through a lot for your age. Talk too God and pour out your heart to him. He listens and he knows what is best for you. Talk to your boyfriend and ask him what
    His feelings are. Your mom is just like the rest of us moms, she hurts when you hurt. We are here for you and tonight you will be in my prayers... Goodnight and I'll talk to you tomorrow:)

Apr 12, 2010, 02:29 PM

Well...

I talked to my mom. She knows how I feel about alex and everything and how he feels about me.

She says she's be fine with us going out, but that I can't avoid the law. She's glad that I talked to her before things got more serious. She's going to look into the close in age thing and stuff like that.
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2010, 02:51 PM
    well...

i talked to my mom. she knows how i feel about alex and everything and how he feels about me.

she says she's be fine with us going out, but that i can't avoid the law. she's glad that i talked to her before things got more serious. shes going to look into the close in age thing and stuff like that.
    I'm so proud of you sweetie.. It shows you're a kind, sweet young
    Lady. Your mom will help you through this. Tell her I am very sorry for the loss she and your family have suffered. God Bless You:)

Apr 12, 2010, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    I'm so proud of you sweetie..It shows you're a kind, sweet young
    lady. Your mom will help you through this. Tell her I am very sorry for the loss she and your family have suffered. God Bless You:)
    Thanks for you help and your regards... :) there really needs to be more people like you in the world.
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2010, 03:09 PM
    thanks for you help and your regards... :) there really needs to be more people like you in the world.
    Gosh you are so sweet.. You have brightened my day!:)
    Bless you sweetie!:)
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2010, 05:26 PM
    well...

i talked to my mom. she knows how i feel about alex and everything and how he feels about me.

she says she's be fine with us going out, but that i can't avoid the law. she's glad that i talked to her before things got more serious. shes going to look into the close in age thing and stuff like that.
    You did a very good thing by talking to your mom. As long as you two aren't having sex, there really shouldn't be a big issue. I'm glad everything worked out okay for you. Sometimes parents can surprise you. You just have to give her a chance. Don't always assume how they're going to react, because that's usually how someone gets in trouble in the first place. Sometimes people actually run in to trouble by trying to avoid it.
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2010, 06:27 PM
    you did a very good thing by talking to your mom. As long as you two aren't having sex, there really shouldn't be a big issue. I'm glad everything worked out okay for you. Sometimes parents can surprise you. You just have to give her a chance. don't always assume how they're going to react, because that's usually how someone gets in trouble in the first place. Sometimes people actually run in to trouble by trying to avoid it.
    Ohso is right sweetie... never hide anything from your mom... she's the best friend you'll ever have and more than that , she's a mom. Bless you... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it rape for a 23 year old man to have sex with a 16 year old girl ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, Is it considered statutory rape for a 23 year old man too have sex or even date a 16 year old girl..?

Statutory rape consent in winnipeg for a 21 year old female to date a 16 year old boy [ 7 Answers ]

Im am a 16 year old boy going on 17 in a few months, I'm in a relationship with a 20 year old female, her parents and my parents agree with our relationship, can she be charged with statuatory rape?

Sexual contact between a 14 year old and a 16 year old and being charged [ 4 Answers ]

My Son was charged a couple years ago at the age of 16 with sexual contact with a 14 year old girl in Connecticut and is now on the registry for 10 years. He is now 19 and can not get a job, has no health insurance and his life is a mess. He has been staying out of trouble. The problem is that...

15 year Rape [ 3 Answers ]

I was raped 15 years ago by a man in Jamaica and would like to know if there is anything I can do at this point? At the time I was scared and only 15 years old. If I located him (which I believe I did), is there anything I can do to make sure he doesn't continue this with other young girls on the...

Could I be charged for statutory rape? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello my name is Lauren Here's the story when I was 16 I met a boy who was 15 and after we have been dating we started having sex. Now I am 17 and 4 1/2 months pregnant with his baby which was the last time we had intercourse and it was 2 weeks before his 16th b-day we have been in a...

View more questions Search