Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigdiggy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 09:06 AM
    Probation violations
    My roommate has been on probation for 20 months of a 24 month sentence. His conviction was for a Alcohol related misdemeanor. Part of his probation was no alcohol consumption and no attending bars. He has not been arrested however he has been to a few bars seeming how he is a senior in college. Is there any way he could get in trouble if someone claims they saw him at a bar but couldn't prove he was drinking. If so what are the consequences? He is bugging out and all he wants is my probation to be over. Thanks
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2006, 08:53 PM
    No, they have to prove it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 6, 2006, 08:59 PM
    Of course if someone turns him in, the probation officer can go to the bar with his photo and ask if this person was drinking.

I would say with 4 months to go, best he can do is stay clean and don't go to bars for a few more months
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2006, 08:11 PM
    He only has 4 months to go. The best thing for him to do is to keep his nose clean for that remaining time. If part of his probation is no bars, then no bars. Surely he can stay away from bars for 4 months. Then he'll have no problem.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 27, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Post Closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Probation [ 2 Answers ]

What are the requirements to transfer probation to another state?

Probation [ 2 Answers ]

I was ordered by the judge to a probation period of 24 months starting on December 3 of 2004. Will I be automatically terminated on December 3 of 2006?

Probation [ 8 Answers ]

What do you think would happen to me I am a probation violater I left cali and moved to Alaska while on probation and that was 3 years ago now I think they found me but I have a family and don't want to go back to jail and I want my probation switched to over here

Hipaa Violations [ 3 Answers ]

The owner/boss of the company I was working for asked me question concering my doctors appointment. She got angry and basically demanded me to tell whether it was for medical research because she had heard it through the grapevine. I lied and told her it was not for that. She demanded me to tell...

Probation [ 5 Answers ]

Can probation be imposed for a nonincarcerable offense?

View more questions Search