Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rja_2009 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2010, 05:37 PM
    Tipping in Salons
    So normally when I get my hair cut I leave a decent tip (I have really long hair) but this time when I'm going to the salon I'm getting a haircut, chemical treatments, and I am also getting my eyebrows shaped. The haircut is about $60, the chemical treatment is about $25, and the eyesbrows are about $20. What's a good tip to leave, and if more than one woman does them all who do I tip?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2010, 05:22 AM

Ask the manager, or person that runs the office, what the typical and/or standard tip is.

Alternatively, treat it like a restaurant: 15-20% (which is typical for Salons where I live (where my wife goes).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need an experts opinion on salons vs. Doing it yourself [ 6 Answers ]

I wanted to know an experts opinion on the difference between dying your hair in a salon or dying it yourself from a box. Long story short I used to have bleach blonde hair and I dyed it at a salon dark brown with a little red in it back in August and it faded quickly to a light brownish color. I...

How much does salons cost? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone, What is the average cost for dying your hair and getting highlights? I am considering but I would like to see what is the average price, or how much you guys usually pay, including taxes and how much tips do you usually give the hairstylist? Thanks :)

View more questions Search