Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    C_L_Malone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2010, 05:09 PM
    Poulan lawn tractor won't start
    I have a poulan 14.5 hp 38 in cut model 271491 from sears. It won't start, it sounds like it needs gas. I have changed the spark plug, fuel & air filters. Battery and connections all good. There is no spark coming from the spark plug. So I added a little fuel to the carb and it starts to whirl like it is going to kick over (still no spark on plug) but every once in a while I get a sound like a bolt was dropped into the engine.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Lawn Tractor - Unable to Start Tractor [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I currently having difficulty starting my Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor, (Model# 917.259830). I was using the tractor and had to shut it off to move a lawn hose. When I tried to start it again it just clicked. Specifically upon turning the keying, it makes a click sound followed by a whin....

Lawn Tractor will not start [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Pony Troy-Built 17.5 hp lawn tractor that will not start? The battery is good " I did have it tested "even tried to jump it but it will only crank one time and stop Can someone help me out Thanks

Lawn tractor won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Sears lawn tractor, model # 917-254520, and it will not start. It does not turn over and makes a clicking noise when attempts are made to start. I have had the battery checked and is okay. I was told by someone that it could be a solenoid. If so, where is the solenoid located such...

Seat kill switch on poulan lawn tractor [ 4 Answers ]

Hey folks. My Poulan lawn tractor started to die every time I let the clutch out. An "expert" on another discussion board suggested that the problem was likely the seat emergency plug and it simply wasn't sensing that I was in the seat. To test the theory, he said I should clip the plug and bypass...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.