Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lexilulu Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Apr 7, 2010, 11:41 AM
    2'nd degree burn
    Last night I burned myself pretty bad. The skin started melting off, it turned brownish red, etc etc... I went to the doctor, and all they told me was that it would hurt for a while. Its on my stomach, and about the size of a basketball. It no longer hurts today, because I have tons of little blisters on it. I would like to know how long those blisters will be there, when I'll be able to take a shower, when I'll be able to go in the sun again, and some abdominal exercises I can do without having to worry about popping the blisters. Thanks!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 7, 2010, 12:48 PM

I don't understand your doctor's ambivalence, if that's what it was, without telling you how to treat your burn at home; but I can tell you not blame him entirely. You can take tylenol to get your mind off the discomfort and please do not touch the blisters. They will break on their own but don't be paranoid about them breaking because when you are sleeping, its going to happen anyway. You can take showers but no hot water on the burn.

You could drive yourself nuts reading Google on how to treat burns.

Cold water immediately will assist in the burn becoming less blistered, but that is on the onset.

As far as the blisters staying around, everyone is different, I would say a week and then you are going to have scabs forming and these are there for a purpose, to help the skin underneath heal, so never disturb them. They will be a yellow colour.

You are just going to have to sit it out, lexlulu, sorry. If you have tremendous discomfort, I would go back to your doctor, say, hey, give me some medication. He will probably recommend an antibiotic cream you can buy over the counter, but I can't say you can go buy that now, because I don't know you and we can't recommend or diagnose here on AMHD. The only problem with putting ointment on the burn is it will retard the healing process, the scabs won't form.

Good luck

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is a steam burn worse than a hot water burn ? [ 18 Answers ]

I would like to have the answers in short abou t the following : a) Why asteam burn is worse than a hot water burn? b) A pressure cooker cooks food faster c) A car cooling system is usually pressurized d)An astronaut needs a pressurized space suit all round his body e)It is difficult to make...

Old thermostat had 3 degree before heat would come on this one is .5 degree [ 7 Answers ]

The old thermostat would drop 3 degrees before firing up the furnace to heat. This Noma model 52-2570-6 drops .5 degree and it comes on to heat. I want to have the 3 degrees, because the furnace is coming on every 10 minutes

Can indian master degree eligible to apply for H1 master degree quota? [ 4 Answers ]

HI I have a master degree(2 year) in computer science engineering from an Indian university. Would I be able to apply for H1 visa under h1 master degree quota?? Or would I be able to apply under both general and master degree quota? Help me out guys.. Thanks,

Can't burn cds but DVDS burn fine [ 7 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Hi there I have looked through the relevant forum pages and couldn't find the answer so here goes.I have a Sony DVD RW DW -D22A (cd rom drive)if I want to burn any DVD fine no problems but a different matter for cdrs.If I put a blank cdr into the drive and then try to burn all that...

View more questions Search