Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2010, 11:09 PM

Smoothy:

The plug could have been hitting the piston being too long then the starter would not be able to turn the engine because the piston hit an immovable object.

Just glad you got things running.

Smoothy:
    I'm planning a throttle control mod on a particular briggs engine. I have 3 or 4 of them and the design is really bad. It uses a rivet for the pivot of the rotating choke/throttle control. I always have to take the air cleaner off and make sure the choke sets and move it when it starts. Want to use Belleville washer and an aircraft nut, but need a small one.

The other project is too ambitious and will probably fail. I'm going to try to convert an antique Tecumseh to electric start and solid state ignition.
    ytd12542 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 03:38 AM

My mtd lawn tractor dies, when I try to take it out of park an put it in gear. I reset a switch it start up again then does the same thing.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2010, 03:48 AM

A safety switch such as the seat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I troubleshooting my MTD lawn tractor? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi There, I have one MTD lawn tractor for many years. It is a MTD 14.5/42” 7 speed model. It stopped working during cutting the grass recently, and then I could not start this tractor any more. After then, I had replaced the new battery, new air filter, and the new spark plug. I had changed...

Lawn and garden lawn mowers honda 3011 [ 2 Answers ]

I Have A Honda 3011 Riding Mower. The Battery Is Charged And When I Engage The Transmission, The Warning Beep Sounds Loudly. When I Turn The Key To Start, There Is No Sound And No Cranking. Any Suggestions To Cure Will Be Appreciated. Thanks.

Lawn mowers [ 6 Answers ]

Every time my husband mows the grass or the kids do, he insist that the underside be rinsed with the water hose... is this really necessary?:confused:

Lawn mowers [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get a perfect lawn with stripes when I cut the lawn

Manuals for MTD riding mowers. [ 2 Answers ]

I need a manual for a MTD 46" triple blade mower with automatic transmission. Download or purchase

View more questions Search