Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AshieVengeance Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2010, 09:31 PM
    Joos faces of formality
    Can anyone sum up Martin Joos' faces of formality, I need a basic intro of how they work and a brief summary of each face of formality (intimate, casual, consultative, formal and frozen) I need it for an investigation of language and technology, we're investigating text messages and college is closed for easter so there's no chance of some help off my teacher. Thank you in advance for any help anyone has to offer. I've googled it and nothing relevant has come up.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2010, 11:44 PM
    Hi, AshieVengeance!

If you post drafts of your summations here, I'm sure that there will be those of us who'll be willing to come along to suggest to you ways that you might make improvements to them.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mix faces software [ 2 Answers ]

I need a software.. I heard there's a software that can mix faces.. like for example, I use my picture and my wife's picture, and it will yield a picture of a child with my eyes, my wife's nose, my lips, her hair... please help.. I really need to download a software like that.. aside from morpheus...

L1 visa holders tax formality in usa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I came to USA in Sept. 15th 2009 with my wife and two daughters. I am a L1 visa holder and my wife and daughters are in L2. Am I a resident or non resident alien? My wife doesn't work but has SSN .My both daughters are studying in school and doesn't have SSN. Am I eligible for Child Tax...

Let's see some faces. [ 1 Answers ]

There was an earlier thread about why we chose our screen names. It allowed me to become better acquainted with my fellow posters. I like to SEE who I am debating or agreeing with so I challenge everyone to put their face by their name. So please, pretty please, with sugar on top.:)

The many faces of love! [ 17 Answers ]

This was written by me...hopefully it makes sense! Tell me what you guys think and if I should change anything about it. Thanks! When people think of love-they normally see nothing but good things. When in reality, love has many faces- they don't see all of the difficulties it can bring. ...

Sealant (pipe dope) on faces of union [ 3 Answers ]

I have a union that I just can't get to seal. The fluid in the pipe is off-road diesel fuel. The pressure is less than 50 psi. The fitting is a 1-1/2 npt iron union with a brass face. I'm getting desperate. I'm thinking about disassembling it (yet again... ), drying it off, and applying a...

View more questions Search