Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OliveSkin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2010, 04:31 PM
    What is the best treatment for hyper pigmentation on olive/mediterranean skin?
    Having had IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) treatment on my face for something else, I have had a slight hyper pigmentation reaction on my cheek - other parts of my face like the chin area seem to be fine. It's not really obvious but I am aware of it and have been researching remedies. One option is to wait it out but I don't know if it will go on its own. Another option is to use a topical cream of some kind. My skin is olive/mediterranean and has now proven to be prone to hyperpigmentation so I don't want to use anything that has a further risk of this. A gradual gentle fading treatment of some kind would be ideal. I am bewildered by the number of options - kojic acid, arbutin, glycolic acid, retinoids, Kilgman's formula, vitamin C, even Bio Oil. Any suggestions specifically for my skin type?
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

Apr 7, 2010, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveSkin View Post
    Having had IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) treatment on my face for something else, I have had a slight hyper pigmentation reaction on my cheek - other parts of my face like the chin area seem to be fine. It's not really obvious but I am aware of it and have been researching remedies. One option is to wait it out but I don't know if it will go on its own. Another option is to use a topical cream of some kind. My skin is olive/mediterranean and has now proven to be prone to hyperpigmentation so I don't want to use anything that has a further risk of this. A gradual gentle fading treatment of some kind would be ideal. I am bewildered by the number of options - kojic acid, arbutin, glycolic acid, retinoids, Kilgman's formula, vitamin C, even Bio Oil. Any suggestions specifically for my skin type?
    I suggest that the same place that did your laser treatment recommend a product wouldn't go out on my own if I were you.
    mistyjane Posts: 271, Reputation: 59

Apr 7, 2010, 11:02 AM

I suggest lactic peel(30 to 40%) it is great for hyperpigmentation and very gentle(for a peel).
    You can do some research on it and make your own opinion.
    Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hypo and Hyper pigmentation what to do? [ 1 Answers ]

I was receiving fractional laser treatment for 3 months and it seems like it made it worse. I really want some advice on how to go about getting rid of my scars. Thanks

Pigmentation Treatment [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Galz Has any of you used Fair&White products? I'm starting to get pigmentation and a friend from nigeria recommended Fair&White. Does it work?:) Regards Nthabi

Hyper-pigmentation that I desperately want to get rid of! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my skin has always been uneven around my mouth and I have dark under eyes so kind of think its hereditary. But then I went to australia and didn't protect myself from the sun and a few months after return I began to experience darker patches around my chin / mouth areas. And each year it...

Hyper pigmentation under my underarms [ 2 Answers ]

:eek: I have been very self conscious about the hyper pigmentation under my underarms for years and I wondered about everything from expensive to inexpensive, I just want to know what would really help me fast and safe. Thanks Oh so much!

View more questions Search