Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2manytoys Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2010, 02:41 PM
    Kenmore evaporator fan stopped
    I searched and couldn't find an answer to my problem. I have a 7 year old Kenmore fridge, model 19TFA06, 18.5 cu. in. The sides have been noticeably hotter than should be for about a year or more. I checked behind the fridge for dust accumulation and found very little. I did notice, however, that the cooling fan was not spinning but it started with me giving it a slight turn. The next time the compressor started, the fan again refused to start on its own. The fan is a Panasonic UDQROO3W8. Not sure if the two "oo's" are numbers or letters. I read in one thread here where applguy said these fans are not very well made and recommended a "johnstone motor" model 65109 as a better (and cheaper) replacement. I'm in Canada and cannot find this motor anywhere. Is the "johnstone" name correct or or it possibly "johnson"? Either way, I can't locate it. I would like to replace the Panasonic with something better (and cheaper if possible). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    2manytoys Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2010, 08:47 PM

Jeeees, does it help if I correct myself and say it's the condenser fan that is acting up, not the evaporator fan??
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2010, 08:18 PM

To many toys- get a new fan motor,and get it instsalled
    The longer you wait the worse it will become and the unit startto run warmer and will stop completely, and think of all the food you have in it and the cost of the food;; Buy a new fan motor and install or get a appliance repairperson;; IM not sure of the cost of the motor GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE I have helped you out; Have a great day and GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 15, 2010, 07:29 PM
    FYI, Johnstone is not a typo. It is the name of a parts distributor here in the midwest. You would probably have better luck searching for the Whirlpool part number "833697BLADE". This is a kit that includes the old-style condenser fan motor and a new metal blade and all the stuff you would need to replace the Panasonic fan motor. If you have any further questions, let me know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evaporator Fan Replacement in Bottom Freezer Refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

I have a two year old Kenmore Bottom Freezer/Double Top Door stainless steel refrigerator. The evaporator fan failed and was replaced. The repair person indicated that this "failure" is very common and he replaces about twenty of these fans per month. If this is accurate, why hasn't there...

Noisy evaporator fan [ 1 Answers ]

Hotpoint refrigerator... model#hts17gbsser... evaporator fan has started to sound like a swarm of angry bees. I have cleaned the blades and checked for any loose parts that may cause vibration. Stopped making noise for 2 cycles... now its at it again. Any suggestions? Prairie Son:eek:

Maytag evaporator fan [ 1 Answers ]

My evaporator fan burn where can I find one (ADL-5846AMEA 12732602)

How to connect in-duct fan to evaporator motor [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I want to connect an auxiliary 115V in-duct fan to my airhandler motor so that the in-duct fan comes on when airhandler motor comes on. There is a red, purple and black wire going to the airhandler motor, and I can tap the in-duct wiring into any of them, but all three show 115V to ground...

View more questions Search