Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emo_thug88 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 01:14 AM
    Itunes and Ipod
    Hey Can you add someone else's itunes library to your iPod without deleting your music... If So How
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Dec 17, 2006, 10:29 AM
    First, you must make sure that your iPod doesn't automatically sync with the computer. If it does, it'll wipe out all the music that isn't in the library. On the new iTunes, (7.0+) when you plug in your iPod, you have the "home page" with all the preferences you can change. When this pops up, hit "Manually load iPod" or "Don't sync" or... whatever it says (It's the first option on the list for the music section). Then hit apply in the lower right hand corner.

As far as adding someone else's library, that depends on what kind of music they have. If they purchased it from iTunes, your computer won't be able to play it because your computer isn't authorized to play it (you might need to log into your friend's iTunes account to authorize it). If it's uploaded from the net or CD's or anything not purchased, it will work fine on your own.

If you're uploading from your friend's computer, I'm not quite sure how everything is set up as far as if your iPod will sync before you get the option to not sync or... whatever.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 17, 2006, 01:56 PM
    In addition to what Raw said there is a legal issue here. It would be piracy to do this and violate the copyright of the music. Your friend (and you) purchased the music for personal use only. To give away copies would be illegal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost iTunes [ 2 Answers ]

I own an iPod nano. About 6 months ago, my computer crashed and so my iTunes was deleted. But the memory is still in tact on the iPod. Is there a way to take the files from the iPod and put them on my hard drive?

Can't run itunes from my PC [ 1 Answers ]

I had installed itunes on this PC (actually it's a server) and it was running fine. Now, it won't run. The icons are still on my desktop but nothing happens when I try to open the program. I tried restarting my computer (you know the service guys always tell you to do that.. ) Let me warn...

No more iTunes [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone have a site of free LEGAL musical downloads. If anyone does it would be appreciated very much. iTunes is geeting out of hand. Ive spent over 80 dollars there. Josh

Itunes (ipod) problem, and question [ 6 Answers ]

I have an iPod which obviously uses itunes. I have successfully downloaded up to 1000 songs, both from my old cd's and from itunes, etc. Today I was trying to download 10 cds I borrowed from the library. One of them, just was giving me problems. The import icon wouldn't come on (just the browse...

View more questions Search