Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Apr 7, 2010, 10:24 PM

Judy I have given you reasons for her being in this relationship. And what matters more than she loves me? Oh, she isn't employed by the way, I bring in the money (however little it is.) I told you she likes how hard and how much I work. Geeze.

Alten you can hijack my post, I wanted it to go off on tangents anyway lol I was just trying to lure some people into talking freely. :D
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2010, 10:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    The word everyone is looking for is "confidence".
    Yup.

One of the best loves I had was several years younger than me... 20 yrs old... but she was confident, centered, and basically knew who she was and what she wanted... some would say "mature" for her age.

The next love I had was several years older than me... not a big span... but she had the same assertive and direct nature.

Confidence is sexy.

Apr 7, 2010, 10:44 PM

She does bring a lot of confidence to the table. Actually she helped me gain my confidence. Its nice to have a girl that can take care of her own and doesn't need you for every little thing. Though she isn't above asking for help with the pickle jar or moving the furniture, she has her life in check and she knows what she is going to do next. I just wish she'd clue me in on it lol
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 7, 2010, 10:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1999 View Post
    Thank you Alty! You just made my day... I posted a while back a picture of me and now my ex husband on the pictures of the members on page 47, that one is better.
    Ah ha! Now I remember you! :D
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

Apr 7, 2010, 10:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I don't remember which post my picture is on. I would post one here but I don't want to hijack Larkens thread. I'll take a look, see if I can find one. I've posted a few, old and new. :)

Also, JM is right Enigma, if your avy is your picture, you are hot! No, I'm not gay. ;)

Whenever a younger guy approaches me I just tell him "Sweetie, I'd break you, move on".
    I'm younger than you Alty... I don't think you can break me... but you are welcome to try... ;)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2010, 04:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I find a BIG difference between referring to a woman as a cougar and referring to a woman as a "Mother I'd Like To F*."

You don't find this insulting? You would be complimented if someone referred to your wife in this manner?
    I guess its all in how a particular person might view something. Perception thing, I'm certain you could find someone offended if someone even looks at their wife... or them. But those terms are not inherintly meant to be offensive at face value...

As an example of the opposite... she's a ho... or she's my b*tch which are a lot more clear. Yeah in certain small circles those might be terms of endearment, and inside those circles the women would not be offended but for most people they would not be.

However, even commenting a woman is hot can be considered offensive in certain other groups... usually certain religious affiliations.

An unatractive sexually aggressive older woman would not be called a cougar... but an attractive one would be. No I don't know who coined that usage of the word, but its not used in a derogatory manner at face value.

Hell, "trophy wife" is more derogatory... as it implyes a very attractive woman... with absolutely no personality that chases powerful men with money... and is happy being arm candy.

Some people embrace the term Geek, others are offended by it.
    Business Expert

Apr 8, 2010, 06:30 AM

Aside from the very obvious and glaring offensive gestures a woman gets from some men there is something else to consider here.

The woman decides in most cases what is offensive and from whom. Some actions, flirtations and verbiage is considered complimentary should the woman consider the guy attractive and charming. She personally makes the decision based on more than what has been said. Not in all situations however in most.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 8, 2010, 08:00 AM

Which is why sexual harassment stuff drives me crazy.

I really REALLY miss construction workers whistling at me. They don't do it any more because some silly twit decided she was being harassed by it. Guys at work are afraid to give a sincere compliment--even something as unoffensive as "You look nice today" because someone got hot and bothered about it.

Yes, there are real cases of sexual harassment. But--like the stupid lawsuits out there--it's gotten out of hand.

Yes, some people need to tone down how they act with the opposite sex. Other people just need to grow a thicker skin.
    Business Expert

Apr 8, 2010, 08:16 AM
    Which is why sexual harassment stuff drives me crazy.

I really REALLY miss construction workers whistling at me. They don't do it any more because some silly twit decided she was being harassed by it. Guys at work are afraid to give a sincere compliment--even something as unoffensive as "You look nice today" because someone got hot and bothered about it.

Yes, there are real cases of sexual harassment. But--like the stupid lawsuits out there--it's gotten out of hand.

Yes, some people need to tone down how they act with the opposite sex. Other people just need to grow a thicker skin.
    Agreed, we have to be so careful. It is kind of funny how all this shakes out. My first date after my divorce we chose to go to dinner and a movie. When we arrived at the restaurant I went to open her car door. She insisted that she didn't need my help. Mistakenly I held the restaurant door for her. She stood there, I became the 'doorman' while many people entered looking at me strangely. I finally got it and just went in. I sat there through dinner playing with my knife and fork while she proceeded to 'inform' me about all the evils that men have perpetrated on women through out history. Finally with a smile she said if we don't leave now we will be late for our movie. I looked up at her and calmly said 'I think that this 'date' is over.

A week later a women friend called and asked me why I never called this woman back, she liked me a lot and was interested... I said WHAT?? I never had a chance to say a word during the 'date' and felt like a pin cushion...

She was (for whatever reason) extremely defensive and also aggressive although very cute... :rolleyes: Never took her phone calls again.

Luckily this didn't scar me against women... fat chance.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 8, 2010, 08:22 AM

It's just silly what some people take offense to. Yes, I can open a door by myself, I'm that smart and that strong, but I would never be offended if someone opened a door for me. That's just plain ridiculous.

Stringer dear, you can open all the doors you want, and I'll even let you pay for dinner and the movie. ;)
    Business Expert

Apr 8, 2010, 08:30 AM
    It's just silly what some people take offense to. Yes, I can open a door by myself, I'm that smart and that strong, but I would never be offended if someone opened a door for me. That's just plain ridiculous.

Stringer dear, you can open all the doors you want, and I'll even let you pay for dinner and the movie. ;)
    You know I would and... well, I wouldn't expect anything in return... :D
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 8, 2010, 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    You know I would and....well, I wouldn't expect anything in return......... :D
    Well that's good, because something in return would cost extra. ;) :cool: :D
    Business Expert

Apr 8, 2010, 08:35 AM
    Well that's good, because something in return would cost extra. ;) :cool: :D
    :eek: and I mean... :eek::rolleyes: (My virgin ears... )
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 8, 2010, 08:38 AM

Yeah!

That Extra would be paying for MY dinner and movie too!
    Business Expert

Apr 8, 2010, 08:43 AM
    Yeah!

That Extra would be paying for MY dinner and movie too!
    Okay, I get it... :)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2010, 10:32 AM

We talking potiential threesome here?. THAT would definitely be worth the price of two dinners plus my own at a nice restaurant. :D

Now to convince my wife to let me go for it without her going Loreena Bobbit on me.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Apr 8, 2010, 03:52 PM

Thank you JMJoseph! I would like to think that I am sweet and kind... I do, however, have my moments! *wink wink*

Apr 8, 2010, 11:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Now to convince my wife to let me go for it without her going Loreena Bobbit on me.
    LMAO. Too funny. :p

But yeah, what the heck ever happened to being a gentle man? I mean come on, you want to hold a door for someone they should respect that you are doing them a favor. Who the heck cares whether you need them to do it, its just freakin nice. For that matter I wouldn't mind the door being held open for me for once. Maybe she should have stepped up and pulled the door open lol. If that is her totally independent way of thinking.

And I hate that we men have to sensor every single thing we say, even if you think you are friends with someone. The moment they think a comment has crossed the line we are sitting in the boss' office explaining our butts off because sexual harassment is a mojor deal now-a-days. And it should be in some cases where SEXUAL harassment is actually being committed. Not when a compliment is given, not when you look the wrong way at someone, and not when they over hear a sexual comment that doesn't even involve them. Touchy freakin people. And honestly if you don't want your cleevage looked at then don't wear such things to work because in this day and age it is not work approiate to wear booby shirts. That is like going into Hooters and getting smacked for staring at the waitress' chest. SHE WORE THAT TO GET THEM LOOKED AT. That is the point of a booby shirt.

Ahhh... OK I have vented lol. :eek::cool::):D
    Business Expert

Apr 8, 2010, 11:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Larken85 View Post
    LMAO. too funny. :p

but yeah, what the heck ever happened to being a gentle man? I mean come on, you want to hold a door for someone they should respect that you are doing them a favor. who the heck cares whether or not you need them to do it, its just freakin nice. For that matter I wouldn't mind the door being held open for me for once. Maybe she should have stepped up and pulled the door open lol. If that is her totally independent way of thinking.

And I hate that we men have to sensor every single thing we say, even if you think you are friends with someone. The moment they think a comment has crossed the line we are sitting in the boss' office explaining our butts off because sexual harassment is a mojor deal now-a-days. And it should be in some cases where SEXUAL harassment is actually being commited. Not when a compliment is given, not when you look the wrong way at someone, and not when they over hear a sexual comment that doesn't even involve them. Touchy freakin people. And honestly if you don't want your cleevage looked at then don't wear such things to work because in this day and age it is not work approiate to wear booby shirts. That is like going into Hooters and getting smacked for staring at the waitress' chest. SHE WORE THAT TO GET THEM LOOKED AT. that is the point of a booby shirt.

ahhh...... ok I have vented lol. :eek::cool::):D
    And vented well...

Apr 8, 2010, 11:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    And vented well....
    I thought so too. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search