Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 11:10 PM
    Alty's chit chat thread.
    You all know that I'm notorious for hijacking threads. I go off on a tangent, drag people with me, and before you know it we're entirely off topic.:o

Really, I don't mean to do it, it's just something I do, can't seem to control it.

I really am a bad girl, I have to go to KP's room. ;)

So, because I can't seem to stop, here's a thread where anyone can discuss anything they want. Of course the AMHD rules still apply, no swearing, be nice, etc. etc. but everything else is fair game, after all, it's my thread. ;)

So go ahead, chat away.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2010, 11:19 PM

1st in... that's a 1st :D
    Pets Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 11:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178 View Post
    1st in .............. that's a 1st :D
    Haven't you been first before? I could have sworn that you've been first.

Well, no matter, you're always #1 in my book.

Did I make you puke a little with that? ;)
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2010, 11:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Haven't you been first before? I could have sworn that you've been first.

Hmmmm... possibly , I really can't remember anymore :eek:

Well, no matter, you're always #1 in my book.
    :) :D

Did I make you puke a little with that? ;)

Not at all ;)
    Pets Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 11:27 PM

M, did you go all mushy on me? ;)

I just thought of something sexual to post. I know, not surprising, but still...

I questioned if you've ever been first before. You said you don't remember. Don't most men remember if they've ever had the privilege of being first? W.T.

Beer is good. :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2010, 11:44 PM

Ohhh... Uhmmmmm I meant NO , I'm never 1st ;)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2010, 11:48 PM

I'll swing in "Chit-Chat".

Actually my mom is in the hospital having bleeding evaluated. They did the stomach sample through he nose. Tomorrow the camera to the stomach and maybe a colonosopy. This all started at midnight Sunday night, so mom gets a ride to the hospital by ambulance with me following. They were busy and she was stable, so no real activity happened until 4am. I left the hospital about 6am.

They were supposed to do the camera this morning, but the hospital fed her and they were not supposed to. Just as the gurney arrived she was finishing breakfast. It's not the first time the hospital did this to our family either. They got an earful yesterday.

The bleeding worsened with food, but previous admissions a number of years ago were worse. Then it was blamed on Bextra and Celebrex and divericulitus. Ulcers were in stomach and intestine then.

Not a real fun day.

Although when a hospital nurse was told that my father dropped a pill and he needed another, the nurse said "Pick it up off the floor and give it to him". We won't stand for that kind of treatment anymore.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2010, 12:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post

Actually my mom is in the hospital having bleeding evaluated. They did the stomach sample through he nose. Tomorrow the camera to the stomach and maybe a colonosopy. This all started at midnight Sunday night, so mom gets a ride to the hospital by ambulance with me following. They were busy and she was stable, so no real activity happened until 4am. I left the hospital about 6am.

They were supposed to do the camera this morning, but the hospital fed her and they were not supposed to. Just as the gurney arrived she was finishing breakfast. It's not the first time the hospital did this to our family either. They got an earful yesterday.

The bleeding worsened with food, but previous admissions a number of years ago were worse. Then it was blamed on Bextra and Celebrex and divericulitus. Ulcers were in stomach and intestine then.

Not a real fun day.

Although when a hospital nurse was told that my father dropped a pill and he needed another, the nurse said "Pick it up off the floor and give it to him". We won't stand for that kind of treatment anymore.
    I sure hope and pray that your mom will be okay! :)
    Pets Expert

Apr 6, 2010, 12:16 AM

Not a real fun day.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're mom isn't doing well. Please keep us posted KISS.
    Pets Expert

Apr 6, 2010, 12:17 AM
    Ohhh .................. Uhmmmmm I meant NO , I'm never 1st ;)
    LOL! Sneezy's motto is "never the first and never the last". Sadly he hasn't stuck to the first half of that very well. ;)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2010, 12:29 AM
    1st in .............. that's a 1st :D
    Who's On First?

YouTube - Who's On First

:D
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2010, 02:16 AM

Sorry to hear that KISS, I hope everything turns out OK.

Everyone is getting sick lately, I don't like it :(
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 6, 2010, 05:28 AM

Actually my mom is in the hospital having bleeding evaluated.

Not good news. Please keep us posted. I know you are knowledgeable enough to know what's what. As for the comment from the nurse, that would have got my blood pressure up ! My mom and I (she has passed on) went through some rough times at hospitals with her care. It was a horror show when she waited so long for a hip replacement at 92. Only because they got her records mixed up with some other 93 year old !

My thoughts are with you and your mom.

Tick
    Expert

Apr 6, 2010, 05:33 AM

Beer is good. :)
    I really have to disagree here, Alty. No, the new prebottled Mojitos from the LCBO are way better !

Tick
    Expert

Apr 6, 2010, 05:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Who's On First?

YouTube - Who's On First

I didn't think you were old enough to remember them, Clough ?

Tick
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2010, 06:40 AM

Hey Tick!! *hugs* it's been too long.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 07:02 AM

OK great! I have something to chat about. Do you all have this problem?. are there people that you just don't like and you don't know why? You just look at them and something about them just rubs you the wrong way?

I'm weird and I hate that I am like that. 2 people on TV right now that I can't stand and there is no reason for it... they are on American Idol. The first is poor Katie ( is that her name the 16 year old) I don't like her... I don't like the way she looks or acts or something. Isn't that mean? I have to leave the room when she sings.. ha ha. ERRR don't like her. And then Kara... I can't stand her. I don't like her advice either... it is stupid. I know I know.. and I claim to be a christian... tsk tsk. I disgust myself.

So sorry about your Mom Keepitsimple... :( what is up with the medical staff? I'm sick of paying out the nose for treatment by incompetent people. Hope she is doing better.
    Pets Expert

Apr 6, 2010, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Who's On First?

YouTube - Who's On First

I don't know? No, he's on second. :p
    Pets Expert

Apr 6, 2010, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    ok great! I have something to chat about. do you all have this problem?...are there people that you just don't like and you don't know why? You just look at them and something about them just rubs you the wrong way?

I'm weird and I hate that I am like that. 2 people on TV right now that i can't stand and there is no reason for it....they are on American Idol. The first is poor Katie ( is that her name the 16 year old) I don't like her... i don't like the way she looks or acts or something. Isn't that mean? I have to leave the room when she sings..ha ha. ERRR don't like her. and then Kara...i can't stand her. I don't like her advice either...it is stupid. I know i know..and I claim to be a christian...tsk tsk. I disgust myself.

so sorry about your Mom Keepitsimple...:( what is up with the medical staff? I'm sick of paying out the nose for treatment by incompetent people. Hope she is doing better.
    I think we've all been there Classy. There are just some people that rub you the wrong way and you don't know why.

I usually go with my gut, if I don't like them, there has to be something that I'm picking up on, I just can't figure out what it is. I'm usually right, so trust your gut. :)

FYI, it doesn't make you a bad person, it just makes you human.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Apr 6, 2010, 06:03 PM
    I think we've all been there Classy. There are just some people that rub you the wrong way and you don't know why.

I usually go with my gut, if I don't like them, there has to be something that I'm picking up on, I just can't figure out what it is. I'm usually right, so trust your gut. :)

FYI, it doesn't make you a bad person, it just makes you human.
    Exactly.

In my experience, when I find someone like that and end up having to spend time with them, I generally learn that my first impression was well-founded.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Alty's and Starby's Castle of Doom. For our Starby. [ 1501 Answers ]

As most of you know Starby is not well, she's fighting for her life, she's losing the battle. Well the castle has always been her favorite thread so I'm doing this for her. Let's make her proud. We're back in the castle kids. I've repaired the roof, the dungeon has been cleaned (so you better...

Starby & Alty's Castle of Doom. [ 1500 Answers ]

Come in my sweet, and join us! Your hosts will be Starby and Alty. We have everything your little heart desires in our Castle! Come into our web, said the spider to the fly. Mwaaahahahaha! YouTube - Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast

Alty's Daycare [ 1474 Answers ]

Hey all, here's our new Daycare. Come on in, grab a chair, watch where you step because all the pets from Starby's daycare have been relocated here. If you see chocolate on the floor, please refrain from eating it, there are bunny's everywhere and well, those aren't chocolate. ;) There's...

Alty's Pub, Come one, Come all. [ 1501 Answers ]

Greetings and welcome to Alty's Pub, your after hours spot to unwind and have a pint.:) So pull up a stool, relax and order a drink. The sky's the limit and anything goes (with the drinks that is).:p Would you like a Beer, in a glass or in the bottle? How about a fancy drink with a little...

View more questions Search