Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 6, 2010, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    exactly.

in my experience, when i find someone like that and end up having to spend time with them, i generally learn that my first impression was well-founded.
    There is the flip side and I have to admit to it. There have been people that I couldn't stand at first, even fought with, hated (that's a word I don't use very often) and then, because of one exchange where we actually agreed to talk to each other, to listen, we became friends.

It's happened here, the most drastic case being Cred (he's been banned now). We hated each other. We fought tooth and nail. He'd call me names, I'd give as good as I got. Then, one day, he PM'd me, and something in his PM hit a chord, but not a bad one. I PM'd back and we both realized that we weren't all that different, that we just didn't agree on a lot of things but that didn't make either of us bad people.

He became a friend.

Of course that's on the internet, it's harder to judge personality on the net. That's one thing I hate about the internet. I often type something, and I type it the way I would say it, but of course I can't express tone of voice, or facial expression or any of the important things when communicating. I often wonder how many times someone gets upset at what I write just because they misunderstood what I said due to the lack of face to face contact.

Still, were it not for the internet I wouldn't know any of you, so bravo for the net. :)
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 06:18 PM

Chitter chatter teehee

Hi everyone!
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 06:24 PM

Well, I have an announcement. We are NOT leaving my dad, however! We are kicking him out!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 6, 2010, 06:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxEmOxXxPrInCeSsxXx View Post
    Well, I have an announcement. We are NOT leaving my dad, however! We are kicking him out!
    That is wonderful news Emop! Truly wonderful news.

Way to go for you and your mom. I really hope this is the end of it.

Hugs to you little Emop. :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 06:31 PM

Thanks Alty! I'm so so excited! Haven't been this excited in all my life
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 6, 2010, 06:35 PM

KISS, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope they find out what is wrong and your mother makes a speedy recovery.

Emop, that is great news. :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 06:37 PM

Indeed it is
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 06:37 PM

I wish you well KISS
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Apr 6, 2010, 06:50 PM
    that is awesome. Does that mean I get to mail you a celebratory kitten? ^_~
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 06:52 PM
    that is awesome. does that mean i get to mail you a celebratory kitten? ^_~
    Haha, this summer we'll see
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 6, 2010, 06:53 PM
    Heath, have you seen a doctor, yet?

How did you get hit with part of a telephone pole, anyway?
    Experts

Apr 6, 2010, 06:54 PM
    Haha, this summer we'll see
    Where are you, anyway? For some reason I keep thinking virginia/pennsylvania area.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 06:54 PM

I live in the land of chipped ham, pop, and "stillers"
    Experts

Apr 6, 2010, 06:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Heath, have you seen a doctor, yet?

How did you get hit with part of a telephone pole, anyway?
    hehe, that's an interesting story, I think.

I spent Sunday afternoon at the beach with friends. We were sitting playing in the sand and standing random things up in it. One of my friends found a section of a telephone pole and stood it up in the sand. It stood there for a few minutes while my other friend was yelling at him that it was going to fall over. It didn't. I sat down. Forgot all about the pole standing up in the sand right behind me. Then they were telling my name and I was staring at them trying to figure out what I'd done. Next thing I know, *smack* pole go boom on my head.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 06:58 PM
    hehe, that's an interesting story, i think.

I spent sunday afternoon at the beach with friends. We were sitting playing in the sand and standing random things up in it. One of my friends found a section of a telephone pole and stood it up in the sand. It stood there for a few minutes while my other friend was yelling at him that it was going to fall over. It didn't. I sat down. Forgot all about the pole standing up in the sand right behind me. Then they were telling my name and i was staring at them trying to figure out what i'd done. Next thing i know, *smack* pole go boom on my head.
    Ouch
    Experts

Apr 6, 2010, 06:59 PM
    I live in the land of chipped ham, pop, and "stillers"
    Is that supposed to make sense to me? I know what chipped ham and pop are. Don't know what 'stillers' are. Have no idea what they have in common.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 07:00 PM
    is that supposed to make sense to me? i know what chipped ham and pop are. don't know what 'stillers' are. have no idea what they have in common.
    Pittsburgh silly! Go Stillers!
    O never mind
    Experts

Apr 6, 2010, 07:01 PM
    ouch
    It actually didn't hurt THAT bad when it happened. I cracked up laughing. Partially because it DIDN'T really hurt, and I know it should have. Partially because they started fussing and apologizing and looking for blood and bumps on the wrong side of my head.

I didn't even have a headache until yesterday afternoon.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 07:02 PM
    it actually didn't hurt THAT bad when it happened. i cracked up laughing. partially because it DIDN'T really hurt, and i know it should have. partially because they started fussing and apologizing and looking for blood and bumps on the wrong side of my head.

i didn't even have a headache until yesterday afternoon.
    I've done something like that before, only I never remembered why I was on the roof in the first place
    Experts

Apr 6, 2010, 07:03 PM
    Pittsburgh silly! Go Stillers!
    o nevermind
    Then I was right. You ARE in Pennsylvania. You're not too far from me. I was actually in pittsburgh in January, I think. My boss has a sister-in-law that lives there. While I was staying with him, I went with him to pick up his wife and spend a day of site seeing after she spent the weekend with her sister.

I'm just across the border, in Ohio.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Alty's and Starby's Castle of Doom. For our Starby. [ 1501 Answers ]

As most of you know Starby is not well, she's fighting for her life, she's losing the battle. Well the castle has always been her favorite thread so I'm doing this for her. Let's make her proud. We're back in the castle kids. I've repaired the roof, the dungeon has been cleaned (so you better...

Starby & Alty's Castle of Doom. [ 1500 Answers ]

Come in my sweet, and join us! Your hosts will be Starby and Alty. We have everything your little heart desires in our Castle! Come into our web, said the spider to the fly. Mwaaahahahaha! YouTube - Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast

Alty's Daycare [ 1474 Answers ]

Hey all, here's our new Daycare. Come on in, grab a chair, watch where you step because all the pets from Starby's daycare have been relocated here. If you see chocolate on the floor, please refrain from eating it, there are bunny's everywhere and well, those aren't chocolate. ;) There's...

Alty's Pub, Come one, Come all. [ 1501 Answers ]

Greetings and welcome to Alty's Pub, your after hours spot to unwind and have a pint.:) So pull up a stool, relax and order a drink. The sky's the limit and anything goes (with the drinks that is).:p Would you like a Beer, in a glass or in the bottle? How about a fancy drink with a little...

View more questions Search